Kamp Kitchn

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Food from the 70's. As it turns out, I cleaned out this guys garage not too long ago and found a ham in a trash can wrapped in 1970's newspaper. You could take that if it's still around. :)

lol I guess I should clarify, food, clothing and other items are in the 'spirit' of the 70's, no Lunchables or Gortex. Just bologna and wool :D

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Alright moonthirteen, I want some pics!

I have used mine a ton since the conversion last year, in fact I've side lined my other stoves and its become my defacto chuck box. Can't wait to see what you've done with yours :cool:
I really like the design of that thing.
Would you post a few pictures of the other side of the Kitchn? Thanks.

NothingClever

Explorer
Food from the 70's. As it turns out, I cleaned out this guys garage not too long ago and found a ham in a trash can wrapped in 1970's newspaper. You could take that if it's still around. :)

I just discovered we don't have a "blowing chunks" smilie in the smilie menu.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
70's camping food.

Van De Camps Pork and beans, dibs on the chunk O fat!!!!!!! I mean pork.

Hormel Canned Corned Beef.

Kraft Mac & Cheese.

Dinty Moore Stew.

Canned Bacon, is that stuff even around any more? Interesting side bar.

Sardines and saltines.

cruiseroutfit

I really like the design of that thing.
Would you post a few pictures of the other side of the Kitchn? Thanks.

You bet, I've got it in the house now as I've been cleaning up the way I pack it using some tupperware, yes I went tupperware shopping :D

Attachments

• temp2010 057 (Medium).jpg
    temp2010 057 (Medium).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,450

cruiseroutfit

Thanks.
I reallllly like that design.

I really wish someone would follow where Kamp Kitchn left off and continue building them, its really well suited to my style of camping and packs 100% of my cooking gear into a single lightweight 'box'. I have a Coleman stove stand that I place it on in camp, really can't think of anything I would change at this point.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
I really wish someone would follow where Kamp Kitchn left off and continue building them, its really well suited to my style of camping and packs 100% of my cooking gear into a single lightweight 'box'. I have a Coleman stove stand that I place it on in camp, really can't think of anything I would change at this point.
That would be great, I think it would fit well with how I camp on solo trips too.
Looks like you could even bust it out and cook a hot lunch on the trail pretty easy.

cruiseroutfit

That would be great, I think it would fit well with how I camp on solo trips too.
Looks like you could even bust it out and cook a hot lunch on the trail pretty easy.

Minutes if that. I store it right in the back next to my fridge and my dry food cooler, the stand is on the side of the bed right accessible too. So I pull into camp, drop the tailgate, slide the fridge out a few inches, set up the stand and the flip the lids open on the camp kitchen. We've cooked meals for 4+ adults on it, its tight but it works out nicely. The propane stays hooked up and there is room inside to store a second propane bottle.

The fallback it has are the cleaning factor. The grill is right over the aluminum and the tray has a 1/2" lip all the way around it so brushing out food is a pita. The grill comes off easy and the burner assembly clips right out so its not bad once your back home and ready to do a thorough cleaning.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Minutes if that. I store it right in the back next to my fridge and my dry food cooler, the stand is on the side of the bed right accessible too. So I pull into camp, drop the tailgate, slide the fridge out a few inches, set up the stand and the flip the lids open on the camp kitchen. We've cooked meals for 4+ adults on it, its tight but it works out nicely. The propane stays hooked up and there is room inside to store a second propane bottle.

The fallback it has are the cleaning factor. The grill is right over the aluminum and the tray has a 1/2" lip all the way around it so brushing out food is a pita. The grill comes off easy and the burner assembly clips right out so its not bad once your back home and ready to do a thorough cleaning.
Sounds like it sucks due to the cleaning issue, you should send it to me.:elkgrin:

cruiseroutfit

Sounds like it sucks due to the cleaning issue, you should send it to me.:elkgrin:

LOL, I'll keep that in mind. In the meantime it will continue whipping up delights like this:

Attachments

• 100_4212 (Medium).jpg
    100_4212 (Medium).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 170

freebirdlynn

Kamp Kitchen

Hi, I recieved one of these stoves as a gift, and love how you fixed yours up. I am a little wary about hooking up new butane to mine without giving it a "lookover." Did you rebuild your's yourself? Was it hard? Thanks, and have fun!

freebirdlynn

Hi, I realize mine is made in Columbus, Kansas, but everything else looks the same.
A picture of the tag is attached below:

Attachments

• DSC00702.jpg
    DSC00702.jpg
    963.9 KB · Views: 75

cruiseroutfit

Hi, I recieved one of these stoves as a gift, and love how you fixed yours up. I am a little wary about hooking up new butane to mine without giving it a "lookover." Did you rebuild your's yourself? Was it hard? Thanks, and have fun!

I did convert it to propane myself, after I had a game plan there really wasn't much too it. You can see all the pics of the conversion here. I've now used it on dozens of trips, literally cooked a hundred + meals on it. I'm really falling in love with the thing :D

Hi, I realize mine is made in Columbus, Kansas, but everything else looks the same.
A picture of the tag is attached below:

Interesting. They may have moved shop over the years. There is another ExPo'er that has one he picked up at a garage sale, he PM'd me about it several months ago but has not responded in this thread ever. Both of you post some more pics when you can!

PS. If you should ever decide to sell it, put me first in line :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles