My project build/ Expo trailer.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well today I did a ton of grinding and sanding. I am about out of gas for my welder have to make a run Monday and get more.

Also got the boxes welded up sanded and installed.
Box 2.jpg

Box 1.jpg

Inside
under box 2.jpg

Excess chopped off
Box cut.jpg

Welded and cleaned up.
close up box 1.jpg

both preped.jpg

Lights in, this did not come out the way I had it pictured. It is different for sure but im not sure how much I like it. Plan was to do the the trailer tag between the lights not sure about that now though.
both lights mounted.jpg

HAFICON

Adventurer
Tossed my tent on the trailer today to get an idea of the brackets I need. The idea was for two of the Rotopax to mount on the front lid but im not so sure about that now. Does not quite look like I pictured and without a cover the cans would stay pretty dirty. I also highlighted the split in the lid and tub in gray primer just to make it more visible.

IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

Rotopax off.
IMG_5108.jpg

HAFICON

Adventurer
No massive update to speak of.. Work has been crazy.

Lid hinged.
IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

I have a ton of body work to get started on, a lot of grinding and sanding should have it ready for paint next week.... I hope

rustED

Adventurer
^^^X2, looks great! Look forward to seeing it painted, are you going to match the color of your jeep?

mizzle415

Observer
Great work on the trailer. I think the tail lights look awesome...very original. If you don't like the look, consider just changing out the lights themselves with some fancy looking LED ones...lots of stuff out there.

HAFICON

Adventurer
thanks all.. these are LED they look awesome at night very aggressive. Taking a break right now, I am building a rack for the lid should have the tent mounted today. Going to pick up a sean blaster and start prep for paint.

Color wise I am going to keep it simple, black and white, bed line the inside I might be selling this trailer soon after it is done so I can build another one.. Not sure yet..

HAFICON

Adventurer
Got a bit of work done, mostly consisted of grinding, cleaned up and boxed the fenders. Also added the rack for my RTT. I did make it out on a camping trip gave it a good road test, and I am very pleased.

Rack and started the overlap for the lid seam/seal.
IMG_5415.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

Biggest benefit of dragging it out and using it was realizing what need to be changed and what needs to be removed or added before it is painted. I will be adding mounts for removable sink/water tank. Also the tailgate is goign to be cut out and hinged, I was not concerned about it before but trying to load and unload into this thing is a hassle.

Last edited:

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
I stumbled across another build where a rattle-can color was chosen for the trailer so that touch-ups could be made without having to respray. It's something to consider as it limits the anxiety if you want to change something.

HAFICON

Adventurer
thanks,

I have looked at that but I was this to look nice and I can spray it that is easy would require a bit of body work to look (NICE) I am however leaning more towards color matched Monster liner, it would look good IMO and be much stronger.

jatibb

Adventurer
i like it rusty, looks mad maxxish. that side view appears to be the most menacing looking coffin ever,.... nice work!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior