Anyone care to help categorize Monteros?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
There is some good tech in this thread, soooo glad we never got 4G54 in a Gen 2 LWB

Toasty

They were carby IIRC, they sold them to developing countries like that.

Last edited:

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Great idea. This is the kind of chart I was looking for when choosing what to buy. Much better than sorting through vague posts about other people's vehicles. Especially with abbreviations and many posts assuming we are all up to speed on the details of each model and generation. THANK YOU!

Toasty

For what it's worth I am re writing all my threads like these and editing/adding to them to be added to a searchable Montero Wiki. If anyone want's to help...

haolepinoy

Incomplete Idiot
I'd like to help. I've been gathering info from the FSM on the myriad of different sensors for the Gen3 Montero. I did a lot of testing and different things with them this past year and took a bunch of pictures I was going to use to put together some write-ups for this and the ADD forum. They might be better put towards your wiki instead. Maybe PM me with details on how to contribute.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Wiki is something we wanted to give back to the community, it's being built on the ADD forum, we're using the forum as a content/brain/idea dump, filtering the facts, then organizing it into a template and building out a wikipedia. It's still in the early stages of development though.

Toasty

We just have a few tech threads on our forum that are open source, I'm collecting my old threads like this one and a few others that are tech rich. I then make a new thread that is more organized, people can post and i modify the original with verified bits. This keeps the important info at the very top, once it's heavy enough to stand alone we have a hidden forum for the wiki team where it gets structured, checked and added to the wiki. Like he said it's in its early stages.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
that's awesome! And the corresponding photos? Will they stay? That other forum that I can't recall right now had so much data, but none of the photos and it became fairly useless

Toasty

We just broke all our embedded photos on our new site, but you know we're Montero guys figuring it out. To answer your question yes, that is the intention of the wiki. Solidify the tech on the internet fully with pictures and without the banter. That way when people ask questions they can be easily directed to the Wiki, we will continue to build tech on our forum and i've already recruited the main tech contributors for each Gen. Here's to hoping the magic happens again.

carlb429

I know.... real dig into the past...

Was the Montero Sport info moved to a Wiki or other site? Any help is appreciated. Carl

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I had no idea there were so many models. I remember when they first went on sale in the US. Probably the most spacious comfortable 4wd I'd ever sat in. So many practical features too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles