1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 on Land Cruiser fzj80 axles

KyleT

Explorer
Decided I don't have time to play with my disco any more, it has been serving as a street driver for about the past year and a half. I am 4weeks from our first baby and in the middle of a huge career change.

So before I do something crazy and part it or park it to rot... Or clean it up really good and put it on ebay for some ridiculous number.. It's for sale

I am the 2nd owner. clean carfax even...
1999 Discovery 2 SE (HSE spec before there was HSE, not 7 seats)
205,xxx Miles
Dual Sunroofs
Harmon-Kardon Sound
Kalahari Beige Leather
Cold Weather Package including heated front windscreen
ABS and Traction control function wonderfully (except see below), I put in a new updated spec SLABS unit a long time ago and it makes a huge difference.

this truck did 7/10 rated trails in Colorado with functioning traction control no lockers

1996 FZJ80 Axles Unlocked with ABS finished the swapped in 2011
FRONT:
*custom 3link front using Ballistic Fabrication brackets and joints with urethane
*Deigned to use as much off the shelf parts as possible.
*Steering rods are HD Mini truck drag link and FZJ80 Tierod by Front Range Off Road.
*I reamed the rover steering arm to accept the FZJ80 23mm tie rod end
*Panhard is the OEM FZJ80 with a SLEE off road adjuster mated to the rover panhard at the frame
*Lucky8LLC 4.5" springs. the old style as I hear the new style are trrible
*Bilstein 7100 Short Body Reservoir 14" travel shocks 360/80
*Daystar 3" cushy Poly bump stops
*Old Man Emu Stabilizer
REAR:
*A-Frame 3/4Link
*L8 4.5 Springs
*Bilstein 7100 SB 12" travel Shocks 400/100
*Stainless Brake lines and extended ABS Sensor wires

OTHER:
*Stainless Exhaust routed around the motor to a 49 state Magnaflow cat to clear the 3link, with two Magnaflow mufflers to make it sorta quiet.
*NO CEL or engine codes, all O2's are functioning correctly
*HG was done 7 years ago at around 125K miles. no real leaks or drips.
*New PAS pump 1/14
*new radiator 1/14 when i busted it chaginf the pass pump
*180* motorad thermostat and cooling hoses done fall of '13
*New battery last october(?)
*All windows work and all but the right rear door latch work. Superlock was disabled so it wont jam up
*Has a 2004 Tcase front output and a D1 CDL Shifter, removed the H/L interlock.
*transmission was replaced in 2010 with a used unit that had about 100k on it, so trans has prob 130k on it now guessing. shifts great.
*frame mounted 1/4" 2x2 rock sliders and a custom rear bumper 1/4" wall rectangle and square tube with some plate.

The BAD:
*front panhard bushing at the frame needs to be replaced or swaped for a heim, causes a little wobble during very high speed turns or if you hit a HUGE bump on the highway
*some of the ballistic joints need to be tightened or shims added to the tension adjusters
*rear shock bushings are a little worn
*no front driveshaft because I have yet to find one worth a crap... Ill include a stock one that needs a rebuild
*front axle needs better brake lines and the abs sensor wires replaced/remade.
*passenger set bottom leather is pretty rough.
*drivers seat heater doesnt work
*headliner is definitely falling down
*Interior is about the condition of a worn disco. but the rear seat is in surprisingly good shape
*body has dents on every panel, except the back door, i think that one is ok, and the roof only has a couple minor dings on the sides.
*CDL works but light isnt hooked up. and the H/L sensor isnt working
*ocasional M&S from a bad ground wire i think. alternator is charging and batt is good. It does sit alot sometimes.
*Some of the modules got wet back in 2009 when I drowned it, so the BCU and TCU dont match the VIN. ECM does however. But OBD2 cant read the vin regardless so its not an issue. Want to disclose that.... 6.5 years ago and something like 40k miles. but not much is left on this thing other than the body and motor that was involved... no wiring issues as it was in and out pretty fast.

I'm still working on how I want to proceed. as it sits now it has a old Steve@ RTE slimline front bumper and Tacoma 16" steel wheels on it with 235/85r16 Michelin at2's

this is an excellent donor candidate for a buggy or for someone that has some time and energy to fix small details. I will also throw in most of the parts to 4link the rear if wanted. And whatever random disco parts I have left in the garage.

Asking $4500 as it sits. The axles alone are worth 1500-2k depending on the market and how the mini truck guys are acting. Located in Fort Worth. I might ship but that's on you and I won't keep it for you for 3 months like the last one I sold to be shipped.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 1,451
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 548
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg