t4rFL's Build

t4rFL

Adventurer
Here is my 1st 4runner, it's a 2001 SR5 4x4
DSC_6281 by M.Akins, on Flickr

DSC_6282 by M.Akins, on Flickr

DSC_6283 by M.Akins, on Flickr

2015-04-02 14.03.11 by M.Akins, on Flickr

i am coming over from a Jeep WJ that i owned for the past 5 years and was my first 4x4 i actually wheeled with. here is the build thread for that....http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/119270-2001-WJ

took me a few weeks to get it registered, but i finally did that today and also purchased 5 Cooper S/T MAXX tires. the tires it came with are too worn and it didn't come with a spare. it does have 265/75 on it though, so that is the size i got for my new tires.

i bought it with 145xxx miles and just needed the tires and rear brakes. shortly after i bought it the check engine light popped up along with these other lights....
2015-04-01%2010.14.22_zpsblpzukip.jpg

also i do have a minor oil leak and most of the dash lights are out.

but overall in good shape.

t4rFL

Adventurer
thanks! no major rust either. the pictures make it look nicer, but the clear coat is peeling in some spots.

captjohn....these were taken in lake mills park in seminole co.

t4rFL

Adventurer
Cool, you're on EXPO too. Glad to read that you got it registered. Any updates on the engine code/s?

sorry, but i don't know who this is....but the engine codes might be the 02 sensors, that is what some people said happened on their rigs....but other than that not sure what else it could be. still runs fine, and the engine light on my jeep was on for years and that ran fine too, so probably something minor.

The screen name threw me off but congrats on the new rig. We'll have to head out again soon.

thanks, yes we will.

4eigner

Observer
sorry, but i don't know who this is....but the engine codes might be the 02 sensors, that is what some people said happened on their rigs....but other than that not sure what else it could be. still runs fine, and the engine light on my jeep was on for years and that ran fine too, so probably something minor.

Oh, I didnt realize that you didn't know me by screen name.

You picked up the spare from me just the other week. I owe you a center cap if I can find it somewhere in this post-moving aftermath; I'm 99% sure I have it somewhere...

Also, I picked up a brand new Denso front O2 sensor (part#234-9002 that'll fit your truck) by mistake instead of a federal emissions one required for my year. Let me know if you're interested in it.

Nice to meet ya via the forums!

BTW: Your rig is looking pretty nice with the new ties

t4rFL

Adventurer
i'll let you know if i need the o2 sensor....need to buy a few replacement parts and get them installed. when the tires were installed they said i needed ball joints and shocks. since these 4runners are known for the bad BJ's decided to fix them first. was thinking about doing the upgrade to Tacoma ball joints and tie rod ends, but after reading about the reduced turning radius decided not to, plus would cost more money. after these are fixed i will be doing the trans. cooler.

it sucks that my shocks are really bad right, i know it would be a perfect time to get a lift because of it, but the rig is still new to me and want to keep it at stock height for a bit before i decide to lift it. plus don't have the money for a full lift right now. so, will be spending a couple hundred on the shocks/struts for now, just not sure which ones are good.

t4rFL

Adventurer
this past weekend went camping and met a group of Tacoma's the next day.
this is where i set up camp.....no tent, just slept in the 4runner. it was nice and cool for this time of year in FL....55F
DSC_6423 by M.Akins, on Flickr
a picture someone took of me
11127490_10206604660264806_4497381032813339120_n by M.Akins, on Flickr

DSC_6458 by M.Akins, on Flickr

DSC_6462 by M.Akins, on Flickr

DSC_6426 by M.Akins, on Flickr

DSC_6 by M.Akins, on Flickr

DSC_6453 by M.Akins, on Flickr

DSC_6468 by M.Akins, on Flickr
here's a spring some of us went swimming in
11188403_10206604659304782_3164236849510145126_n by M.Akins, on Flickr

first real off-roading with my new tires....they performed great, lots of sugar sand and never needed to air down. i felt as if the 4runner out performed my old jeep in many situations.

i also bought some lower balljoints and some parts i need to add a rear axle breather hose. picked them up from Camel Toyota Parts as another member recommended them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles