Our new home on wheels ... MAN 16.232 Expedition Truck Build

smontic

Observer
Today is the great day! We are moving home with our new MAN 16.232 (Ex Danish Army) and we are ready to start a new project...

aS5Zy3.jpg

We are moving from our Unimog 1300 to that MAN for only ONE Rason: we need more space because we are trying to start our Round The worl trip next year!

So now we are thinking about the creation of the cabin. The measures are: 6 meters long, 2,45 wide and 2,50 high!

ulcfV8.jpg

As you can see the truck have already a three point linkage fitted on it. The danish army use that truck as a container transport truck.
I like the idea to use a container as a box, but I'm thinking about the thermal bridges....

LMp4WN.jpg

There is someone that have some great idea for me? I need to put two motorcycles inside the box, I think below the bed. For sure I have to remove the front wheel of the bike to save space.
What about the container idea?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
A very nice truck and it sure looks like you can have the space you want. Best wishes for the build and the trip.

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
Congratulations for the life project and for the basic mechanics that you have chosen.

I would not use the cell space for the bikes would do a closed container that can be lowered to the ground ...

The cell .... fixed or removable as a container for transfer by ship?

Bye Enrico

smontic

Observer
Congratulations for the life project and for the basic mechanics that you have chosen.

I would not use the cell space for the bikes would do a closed container that can be lowered to the ground ...

The cell .... fixed or removable as a container for transfer by ship?

Bye Enrico

Thanks Enrytre,

I want to load the bikes inside the truck for safety.
When I start the project I was thinking about a removable cell, but after some study my idea was returned to a standard fixed cell.

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
I supposed Simone, but I encourage you to think about this is a choice that deprives you of a lot of space in cell and you complicates the ups and downs of the bikes.

The security can reach with an external box that can go up and down with the bike and with two spare wheels.

without having the bikes in the cell you judge a provision like this that you'll link very comfortable for two people with the possibility of hosting other 3

I.M.H.O

http://www.camper4x4.net/web/index....c=view&id=40510&catid=8&limit=6&limitstart=12

Bye Enrico

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Looks like a great new truck, that looks massive, should be a real nice home on wheels :)

Can't believe you are on your second build and I am not even finished my first :( Hopefully I am on the road before you this time :)

smontic

Observer
I supposed Simone, but I encourage you to think about this is a choice that deprives you of a lot of space in cell and you complicates the ups and downs of the bikes.

The security can reach with an external box that can go up and down with the bike and with two spare wheels.

without having the bikes in the cell you judge a provision like this that you'll link very comfortable for two people with the possibility of hosting other 3

I.M.H.O

http://www.camper4x4.net/web/index....c=view&id=40510&catid=8&limit=6&limitstart=12

Bye Enrico

Hi Enrico,

I know that load the motorcycles inside the truck is for sure a waste of space, but with a 8,5 meters of truck I think that having an additional box on the rear could be a problem.
I would try to put the motorcycles (without the front wheel) behind the bed....

Rankadidi

Hi there Smontic;
just found your new thread;
have been following your previous Mog story from begining to end!
The choice of MAN in exchange for the mog makes sense to me.
Look forward to see and read more from your project.
Our project also based on a larger vehicle is stuttering along - but we will get there.

Hamba kahle

This will be fun. .what is the deck size ..20 foot sea can..are great to mod but just using the 4 locking pins alone would make me nerves. .i would way something more secure on the deck

Hi Smontic,
The truck looks fantastic. I will follow you build with interest as I about to start a build on a MAN 13.290 TGM.
I'm very interested to see the 3 point torsion free sub frame connection.
Can you post some photo's showing the position of each pivot point and dimensions of the pivot system:smiley_drive:

smontic

Observer
Hi All,

sorry for the delay but in this period I'm really busy with the first work and the second work (the truck build).

Following you can find some new photo of he work in progress ...

Me at work on the subframe!
smontic-seduto-sul-telaio.jpg

The container frame under build
DSC_8483.jpg

We build the frame with the standard dimensions of a 20 foot container, but with the three point linkage inside.
DSC_8540.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles