M416 Hybrid

Ohio Boo

Observer
image.jpg
The plan is to have the trailer multi-purpose so I wanted the lid to be able to support me standing on it or whatever. I plan on a rooftop tent as well so some cross braces were welded in.

Ohio Boo

Observer
image.jpg
Question for those that have built their trailers... How do you figure the correct angle for a set of gas struts to help lift and support the lid?

Ohio Boo

Observer
image.jpg
For some reason, the pictures didn't attach in my earlier post. Here is the frame after I notched it.

Last edited:

Ohio Boo

Observer
image.jpg
I wanted to use Jeep style tail lights but didn't want to drill more holes into the tub. I really would like to keep it as water tight as possible. I decided to fab up some brackets to mount the lights to.

Ohio Boo

Observer
image.jpg
Here is the tub painted and mounted back on the frame. This project has been a blast to work on. I'm getting close to calling it done (for now).

Ohio Boo

Observer
image.jpg
Sorry for being out of sequence but I thought it was worth noting after the fact. I was unsure how to mount the gas struts so I messed around on the Internet and read a little. Apparently on one site it talked about the strut needing to be mounted in a position that when closed, oil would keep the seals lubricated. Essentially when closed, the strut should not be horizontal. I was not sure if this was specific to their brand or if it applied to all struts. Anywho, I played around with several mounting options before I welded the brackets on the inside of the lid and tub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94