M416 Hybrid

Ohio Boo

Observer
image.jpg
I picked up the little circle thingy from my local Tractor Supply and welded it to some angle. I then welded it to the tongue. This will allow me to use the tongue jack I already have.

Ohio Boo

Observer
image.jpg
After I welded it onto the trailer, I am now having second thoughts on the long term of this set up. It looks like the jack may hang down a bit too much. I wonder if I will catch it on something when I'm off the regular pavement.

Ohio Boo

Observer
It has been a while since I have been on here so I thought I would post an update. The trailer has been working out really well. It's been on several trips with no problems. Still have a couple of loose ends to tie up but I've been very happy. I have ordered a RTT and expect it to arrive anytime. I will have to update the lid to accommodate the tent and still be able to hold our bikes. Wish me luck.

Ohio Boo

Observer
IMG_0473.jpg

Here is a picture on our trip through Kentucky, Tennessee, and North Carolina. It pulled much smoother than I expected.

Ohio Boo

Observer
IMG_0610.jpg
I started working on the rack to hold the tent. I wanted the tent to be tall enough that we can store things on the lid if need be. I also wanted the bottom of the tent to be high enough that we wouldnt have to bend over very far to get into it. With all that said, I didn't want it taller than the jeep either. hopefully it works.

Ohio Boo

Observer
IMG_0636.jpg
Today I put some paint on the rack after getting it bolted down. I'm a little concerned it's just a couple of inches too high.

Ohio Boo

Observer
IMG_0606.jpg
Before bolting the rack down, I am toying with the idea on how to carry 4 bikes (I got a new to me bike yay) and the rooftop tent. Here is how the bikes will be secured. Just not sure how this fits with the tent installed too. The tent is here and will be on the trailer today. I will be working on combining the two.

Last edited:

Ohio Boo

Observer
IMG_0630.jpg
Got the tent out of the box, put together, and mounted. Went a lot easier than I expected. Now to get electric up to it. I will be working on a relatively basic battery setup that can be charged from the Jeep. No idea how I'm going to wire it just yet. I'm running out of time before the first trip.

Last edited:

Ohio Boo

Observer
IMG_0653.jpg

Loaded 3 of the bikes up and went for a drive. It still pulled smooth with no trailer sway. Afterwards, I set it up and had a little camp out in the yard. I figured I better sleep in it and make sure it's ok before heading out on a big trip and wishing I had made some adjustments.

Last edited:

Ohio Boo

Observer
IMG_0662.jpg
I wired some small LEDs under the trailer. My thought is to be able to have a little light around the perimeter of the trailer so we don't stumble over things. The light is just enough without blinding you and shines just around the trailer. Very little currrent draw off the battery too.

Ohio Boo

Observer
IMG_0839.jpg
Loaded everything up and headed out for a trip across the US. My destination was to run the Rubicon Trail with some friends. The trailer pulled very well with only minor problems. 5,200 miles with the trailer behind the Jeep (minus the Rubicon). I had a blast and was able to come home with some things to improve upon. More pics to follow...

How do you rotate a picture. Lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles