2005 Tiger Provan CX 4x4 1 Ton 26K Miles Original Owner

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
These rigs sell quickly at lower prices

These rigs are VERY, VERY hard to find at lower prices like this.
So this one's not gonna be around after two years!

Only used Tigers for sale right now in the US (there are 3) are listed currently from $80k to @$95k.

northstar2018

Northstar
I would argue that this is a good and very fair price for this rig. The dually is an issue if you are really going to seriously off-road with the argument that rocks will be a problem, but if you are going to do forest roads you should be OK. It is hard to finance old RVs--the bank will never give a value to something like this that the market will actually maintain--always frustrating :-(. Banks want you to buy new, it would seem. But, all the feedback on these Provans is strong and if it has been maintained this ia good find. GLWS.

sourdough

Adventurer
Tiger owners Opinion

IMO $35K was a fare price. As mentioned these are rare to find "for sale". My understanding is Provan has been making truck based Tigers since 1995 but only at a 20-25 vehicle rate a year. I watched the Tiger Owners Forum for almost a year before finding the one I wanted.
FYI, I am a Tiger owner and have had many years of off-roading experience with Jeeps and Toyotas. As far as dually wheels go, they carry the 6,000 lb.+ coach with greater stability and safety. My coach weighs 6,800 lbs. fully loaded. SRW Tiger owners have reported factory wheel breakage. A single wheel needs to be rated at least 3,400 lbs. or greater. Steel dually wheels handle the weight. Tigers are not off-road rated and dually wheels don't factor into Tigers off-road ability. Tigers do very well on graded but rough roads where high ground clearance and a lo-range transferase are required. Many forest service and fire fighting rigs have dual rear wheels for weight carrying stability. They also do fine on the same roads a Tiger can travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles