M1101 trailer build UEV 440 kinda

racingjason

Adventurer
As nice as the Conqueror's are you would be better off looking at a Bush Lapa (miskruier is the 4 person version). Their design is more elegant and easier to live with. (I have crawled around both extensively) You can look at their web page and the ZA 4x4 Community Forum for pics. I have the only one in North America and could give you some measurements if needed. They are a great unit, my family and I spent around 300 nights in ours while in Southern and East Africa last year with no major problems.

Good luck.

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
The anti-luce latches aren't popular in this country but you can find a couple of sizes at Land Rover parts vendors as they are used for tailgates & storage compartments.

If you haven't yet you should take a look at Moore Industrial Hardware; they have a huge assortment of neat stuff that's handy for a project like this.
http://www.mooreindhardware.com

Mike

hamthis

Observer
As nice as the Conqueror's are you would be better off looking at a Bush Lapa (miskruier is the 4 person version). Their design is more elegant and easier to live with..
After my 4 months of research I never saw this design. Not sure How I didn't.
Man I wish I would have seen this design about 1 day earlier. I have already welded in the back door frame and I think I would have off set it to the driver side a little to better accommodate the dead space on the left. I actually might cut it off and try to move it(most likely not) I lay down a solid perimeter weld it wouldn't be fun.

I have not nailed down how the kitchen set up is going to be. I like the idea of a long flip down to allow for more kitchen prep area.

You really got me thinking.

hamthis

Observer
Here are the new design changes going to start working on the them tomorrow.

The good news I can mount the spare off to the side no need to make special bracket.

The bad news the bed now comes into the trailer more. I decided not to try to figure out how to make the double fold. In comes the bed.

So what to do with the extra bedding in the trailer.

Well I decided it might be nice to have a table in the trailer for rainy days or what ever.

So fold it back and now there is room for a table.

rebuild 1.jpg

rebuild 2.jpg

justuspost

I'm looking at doing a similar build. What's your budget if you don't mind me asking? I'm hoping to get it complete for under $9k.

hamthis

Observer
I am hoping $3-5k I am planning on doing everything including the canvas tent areas. Minus the cost of the trailer

Last edited:

racingjason

Adventurer
After my 4 months of research I never saw this design. Not sure How I didn't.
Man I wish I would have seen this design about 1 day earlier. I have already welded in the back door frame and I think I would have off set it to the driver side a little to better accommodate the dead space on the left. I actually might cut it off and try to move it(most likely not) I lay down a solid perimeter weld it wouldn't be fun.

I have not nailed down how the kitchen set up is going to be. I like the idea of a long flip down to allow for more kitchen prep area.

You really got me thinking.

Yes that is one of the key features as everything in the kitchen is at a nice height and then everything inside is as well. you won't have to be down on your hands and knees to be looking in the back of the inside cupboard for something; it is all at eye level while you sit on the bed. Another thing to think about is welding a 3/4-1" high vertical lip around the perimeter of the opening of the roof. It will give you something to rivet/vecro your tent to and will help to keep water from running along the edges of the trailer and then inside.

hamthis

Observer
Nice site Jason.

Great travels. I do really like the power panel in the Bush Lapa. I also like the idea of the suction cup fan with the long cord. I'm going to make that happen for sure.

I have thought about the drip edge for the rain. I live here in Cali and it does not rain a ton but it is always good to be prepared.

hamthis

Observer
Here is the progress. I changed the back door to accommodate the more bed area. I think it is going to be a good setup.
IMG_0952.jpg

Here is the weather stripping I am going to be using with a cut sample of the door.
IMG_0943.jpg

My little helper!
IMG_0965.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior