$50 cargo net barrier

The_Dude

Adventurer
So I have been looking at a cargo net barrier for my Land Cruiser for a long time. I couldn't swallow all the prices for all the specialty stuff made for these because they just don't seem worth that much. So what I did was call AutoZone and asked for two full-size truck tailgate nets and zip tie them together in the middle and attached them to the oh **** handles and the seatbelt fasteners in the rear of my truck. This is what I came up with.
0c1a0b64116530ed6bdd4a39bbf70b76.jpg

2c8042b0e87df138f085752b164f279f.jpg

f036c24242cbd9be73b2c66d445110a6.jpg

7db9998838a91990b44aadb2b1e44489.jpg

I am fairly sure that it will hold the cargo in the back under extreme braking or steep descent situations. Let me know what you guys think or any improvements I can make thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Dude

Adventurer
Is your screen name a dinosaur schlong? I actually will be removing the tire and locating it to the bumper shortly, but yea I know what you mean. They don't stop easily.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Not a bad improvisation. Way better than nothing. I'd double the number of zip ties.

TripLeader

Explorer
I think it is pretty clever. I would have concerns over its strength vs. an actual cargo net. Instead of zip ties, I would look into how much a local seamstress would charged to stitch the two nets together.

The_Dude

Adventurer
I am almost thinking of instead of zip ties to wrap paracord around the area where it is zip tied.

foeix

Here was my solution for my 80 - copied from Mud..

We are taking our German Shepard with us on some much needed Memorial Day R&R. Looking for safe way to keep him from flying across the cabin I began looking for solutions. Metal was out as it would be too heavy. I really liked the Raingler net but pretty pricey at $200. This 6x6 Cargo Net and 6
cs1n.htm
did the trick. The net was $42 and the straps about $20.

I had to trim the net and get creative with mounting points but all in all a success. The net is attached to a strap that runs between the rear and middle grab handle, the floor hooks directly behind the middle row and the third row seat brackets.

Hope this helps someone looking for a budget solution.

military-style-cargo-net.gif

images

5761758327_418d2f127d_b.jpg

The_Dude

Adventurer
I ended up getting a Raingler. Made in Co and great customer service.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434637739.218832.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94