Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

msmith99

Looks nice and tight to the back and you still have the recovery point. I'm using a Yakima bike carrier that i removed the bike support bars from and attached a tire carrier to the post. Yours looks a tad cleaner. :)
I saw earlier that you bought 5 Legacy wheels. Did the Outback come with 18s and you needed to swap for the 17s?

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
i got 4 leggy wheels :/ i needed a spare tire. To buy one normal outback wheel is about 170 bucks. I got all 4 leggy wheels for not much more than that.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
unfortunately the Xmode is only available in the Limited model, and the limited come with leather
I hate this! Why manufacturers lump in off road options with luxury options I will never understand!!

Chrysler does the same thing with the Cherokee and renegade. I'm not a Toyota guy, but I really liked with the older ones you could pick the TRD packages with a complete base model if you wanted it that way. I wish everyone did that!

Anyways, OB looks great! Does the rear spare tire mount block the rear view?

FLoffroad1

Observer
Wow, this build's coming along really quickly. Looks awesome too.

Edit - That midship armor is really cool too; I wish primitive made that for Foresters instead of the little bit that just bolts onto the 4EAT pan.

Last edited:

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
so i have a TON of video to go through. Onboard, from behind via trailing and ahead via lead car. give me time to sort and edit.

until then, here are a few pictures:)
2015 Subaru Outback Expo by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

went through that puddle without even realizing it was as deep as it was

moutned my matrax

Last edited:

Tiki

Observer
Awesome. Always wanted to do something just like this. What's the MPG looking like these days? :coffeedrink:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I was guessing 3-4 mpg hit at the higher speeds. Example my stock 2.5 cvt OB typically posts 28-30mpg on Ca road trips sans roof gear or trailer. With trailer last month we did a 210 mile round trip to Santa Cruz Mountians mix of high speed highway and steep slow Mt roads averaged 22mpg. Strait highway 65mph and under we typically see tank averages in the 24-25mpg range with the trailer.

But thats with a car that has over 30k on the clock. Subarus seem to improve mileage over the first 25k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles