Does a European Expo Chapter exist?

Hello all,

I am just curious if an actual EU Expo chapter exists?

I am in Germany and it seems most Germans stick to the German language sites. It would be nice to meet up with some fellow overlanders for some sort of rally's or trips.

I will be in Germany for the next two years. Just got a trailer tent and Jeep WK2 to pull it.
Right now the wife and I are planning a 30-60 day trip around Europe for summer 2016.
This summer will be mostly small trips over 3 and 4 day weekends to Switzerland, Czech, Austria and of course around Germany.

If you are interested, let me know.

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
Welcome to Germany

I usually travel solo, but maybe we could hook up for some trips. Plans to further explore the old military roads in the Alps are in full force. Thinking of the area north of Lake Garda right now. Also need to head up north to Sweden...another trip in planning.

Gren_T

Adventurer
I don't know about an expo chapter but there are lots of groups in Europe, in the UK they are mainly centered on individuals in existing off-road clubs getting together to travel further afield - morocco being a favorite destination.
Many interested in overland travel meet at events, I used to see friends at the RGS events in the UK & now at the @Allrad show at Bad Kissingen & Overland show in the UK.

If you're going to be at the allrad perhaps we can get a meet sorted with others from the forum.

regards all
Gren

Loco & Gren T

I will be at the Allrad show this year. I am also interested in planning some trips with other people this summer and next.
Which camp ground are you guys staying at?

Gren_T

Adventurer
Hi, we will be in the main camp ground at the far end of the access road, I'll try for the same spot as last year near the showers & close to the river.
we should be there with beer chilling from Weds afternoon in a White VW T5 camper.

We're currently planning a trip over the Pyrenees early sept in the 90, in previous years there has been a couple selling off-road route guide books at the show, hopefully they will be there again so I can pick up a few more of their guides.

Regards
Gren

Awesome. Not sure yet what day we are arriving. It will depend on my work schedule. The Pyrenees trip sounds cool. I'll keep an eye out for the folks selling guides.

How off road is the route? I think I may have to upgrade my trailer tent with some bigger rubber and possibly an articulating coupler.

High Water

Baja Bliss
Hi All,
I agree with the statements above. My wife and I have been in Germany for two years and find it difficult to connect with people that are like minded. We did go to the adventure allrad this weekend and finally felt like there was people there we could connect with. I would be interested in helping kick off a Overland Expo Chapter to connect the unconnected.

Cheers

Hi All,
I agree with the statements above. My wife and I have been in Germany for two years and find it difficult to connect with people that are like minded. We did go to the adventure allrad this weekend and finally felt like there was people there we could connect with. I would be interested in helping kick off a Overland Expo Chapter to connect the unconnected.

Cheers

HW, lets get it started. I have talked to ExPo member ESCAdventure and he is on board with planning some trips.

The wife and I are heading to North West Italy the week before and including weekend of the 4th of July. Right now the only planned stop will be at Cinque Terra to do some hiking. The rest is still in the works. Let me know if you want to head down there in a convoy.

Gren,

did you find the guide book for sale? I didn't see them. But it was likely I may have missed it due to the crowds and me being easily distracted with shiny offroad gear.

Hi, we will be in the main camp ground at the far end of the access road, I'll try for the same spot as last year near the showers & close to the river.
we should be there with beer chilling from Weds afternoon in a White VW T5 camper.

We're currently planning a trip over the Pyrenees early sept in the 90, in previous years there has been a couple selling off-road route guide books at the show, hopefully they will be there again so I can pick up a few more of their guides.

Regards
Gren

Gren_T

Adventurer
Hi Jerome, did you enjoy the show? I had a look at buying some more guide books, spoke to dana on the stand but she got very busy, I went for lunch & forgot to go back.. I'm easily distracted I guess.

however I'll give them some time to get sorted ofter the show & order the ones I want next week.
the website is: www.mdmot.com

Regards
Gren

There was definitely a lot of things to be distracted by. It was interesting to see the crazy vehicles on offer. I found a company to make some mods on my trailer for me. I am trying to schedule it soon. Are you planning a route this summer?

Joey31

Just found this thread, will probably be passing through europe sometime in 2016 on my way to the UK if things go as planned,
although I dont own a 4x4 at the moment I will still try and make the trip.. :( :(

Leonxx

We are in Cyprus planning a trip through Turkey into Europe to travel around Europe for 6 months or so. Leaving mid 2016.

If anyone is getting together it would be good to hear about it and possibly try and meet up.
We will be travelling in a Defender 90 Overland Prepared with an Overland Prepped trailer.
Maybe some sort of meet up can be arranged?

johanso

Adventurer
I'm in Sweden. Let me know if you want any advice on the Nordics. Lots of great wilderness up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94