Thread: Crossing Vietnam by own car, March/April 2016

Default Crossing Vietnam by own car, March/April 2016

travelling by own car in Vietnam is possible, but with lots of regulations and permits.

I crossed Vietnam from Laos to Cambodia in 2013 and March 2015. Next transit will be in March/April 2016.
    If you want to join me with your own car, please contact me: joern.schlag(a)

good to hear people are overlanding in vietnam. i'm based here at the moment. would love to join you but i recently sold my car to get back into a serious work project. have done quite a bit of travel in the south and central of the country. have not driven up north yet. heard the area northwest of Ha Noi is quite scenic. best of luck on your travels. should you need any help or questions, dont hesitate to contact me.

SE Asia
    I may be available and able to join. Will drop you an email.

In the Northwest, you should go to Sapa and Moc Chau in Vietnam. These places are very beautiful, you should try when traveling in Vietnam
    Last edited by mrland; 10-13-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    I love expeditionportal forum

Nice experience by reading this.

6. Actually the traffic in Vietnam is not interesting for tourists when riding private car here.

Apartment for rent in Saigon - Vietnam
    Masteri Thao Dien 2 bedrooms full furnished
    homeready dot vn

Great to hear that there are people Overlanding in Vietnam. We want to ship our vehicle there in January 2018 then travel in Vietnam for as long as the visa permits. I have been to Sapa I agree it is beautiful. I also did a motorcycle ride from Hanoi to the middle of Vietnam. We want to go back and experience more of the Vietnamese hospitalities and beauty. Do you know of a shipping company to ship to Vietnam? It will be RORO. Also an agent that can help us get it out of the port. thx much.