Crossing Vietnam by own car, March/April 2016

joern

Hello,

travelling by own car in Vietnam is possible, but with lots of regulations and permits.

I crossed Vietnam from Laos to Cambodia in 2013 and March 2015. Next transit will be in March/April 2016.
If you want to join me with your own car, please contact me: joern.schlag(a)web.de
Joern

m.tran

good to hear people are overlanding in vietnam. i'm based here at the moment. would love to join you but i recently sold my car to get back into a serious work project. have done quite a bit of travel in the south and central of the country. have not driven up north yet. heard the area northwest of Ha Noi is quite scenic. best of luck on your travels. should you need any help or questions, dont hesitate to contact me.

mrland

In the Northwest, you should go to Sapa and Moc Chau in Vietnam. These places are very beautiful, you should try when traveling in Vietnam

Last edited:

donggt

Actually the traffic in Vietnam is not interesting for tourists when riding private car here.

dn230

Apartment for rent in Saigon - Vietnam
Masteri Thao Dien 2 bedrooms full furnished
homeready dot vn

rideglobally

Adventurer
Great to hear that there are people Overlanding in Vietnam. We want to ship our vehicle there in January 2018 then travel in Vietnam for as long as the visa permits. I have been to Sapa I agree it is beautiful. I also did a motorcycle ride from Hanoi to the middle of Vietnam. We want to go back and experience more of the Vietnamese hospitalities and beauty. Do you know of a shipping company to ship to Vietnam? It will be RORO. Also an agent that can help us get it out of the port. thx much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles