'12 frontier front bumper options

wrooster

Took a heavy deer hit and the bumper shroud folded like a cheap suit (along with my quarter panel and my driverside door). Unfortunately it broke above the cut line for typical after-market front bumpers. For those that have them, which is the best bumper going, and which is the best bumper I could get fast? Which one is going to be light enough it will ride okay on factory suspension? I really like the shockworks bumper and I want to maintain my factory fog lights. I know a shockworks bumper is going to take six months or so.

Since my shroud took a hit, would the shroud made for the factory chrome bumper work without cutting? Has anyone ever tried it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NI1014100-F.../201035770129?fits=Make:Nissan|Model:Frontier

I really want to make an upgrade to a proper bumper. As a kid I hit a civic going about 25 in my s10 with a proper steel bumper and all I got was a dent the size of a baseball.

Thanks,

bijanjames

Adventurer
No aftermarket bumper is going to be light enough for factory suspension and be able to withstand an animal strike. With that said the lightest and fastest option would be an ARB, about 82lb. Schrock and hefty bumpers are about 130lb. The ARB is very well designed with the intention of protecting your truck from critters. You will get noticeable sag and brake dive with the factory springs with any of these options though.

Mo4130

Adventurer
The arb is also the only bumper to be certified for airbag compliance.
I have one and I love it. I do wish the factory head lamps worked though. Not a big fan of the arb fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justbecause

perpetually lost
TJM claims to be airbag compliant.

as far as I know all 2nd gen bumpers require cutting up the front bumper, or finding a piece like in your link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94