Post Pics of your FWC with Lifted Trucks

bmac67

This is a shell that we picked up last fall at FWCJH and I am in the middle of doing a build. I will post as I get a little further along. Truck just has the Dakar's in back. Stays level, rides great. We are actually going to sell this truck and pick up a 2015 DCLB to replace it. IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4729.jpg

AxleIke

Adventurer
OME lift with the extra leaf pack for the load

DSCN2991.jpg

DSCN2934.jpg

And as was mentioned earlier, a longer rear bumper was fabbed up to cover the camper on ledges and things.

DSCN2875.jpg

Last edited:

Bombsight

Observer
Not an FWC, figured I'd throw a full size into the mix for you. The truck has a 6" lift (which I would NOT do again).

baja10002012168.jpg

I dying to know why you wouldnt lift it again because my build plans are to lift a 2015 2500 HD Denali 6.5" with a FWC ....... Please let me know the problem!

Awesome looking rig you have if you ask me!

ripperj

Explorer
I just picked up that same Sunlite, might even be the same year, '99??
yours kind of looks like it rubs on the cab?, I spaced mine up with a 2x frame.
Some real nice campers in this thread.

DavoK

First trip

Shake down trip 2015 Tacoma w/OME springs & shocks, airbags. 2015 FWC Fleet w/160w roof & 120w portable

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 170

bob91yj

Resident **************
I dying to know why you wouldnt lift it again because my build plans are to lift a 2015 2500 HD Denali 6.5" with a FWC ....... Please let me know the problem!

Awesome looking rig you have if you ask me!

Thanks for the compliment.

The lift is almost useless other than allowing larger tires. The front is a drop down bracket and the rear is blocks (which I intend to change out to custom springs, eventually). I get reduced fuel economy, increased wear and tear on suspension components, particularly front hub bearings, speedometer is off (can be corrected with an aftermarket tuner), tires are more expensive, increased turning radius due to front axle spacers.

The pro's...looks cool, and I can air down/slightly improved ride quality on the 250 miles of dirt the truck sees vs the 5,000 pavement miles it takes to get there.

If I had it to do over again, level the front, quality shocks, for the rear, airbags and quality shocks, run slightly larger than stock 285's and call it done. I think you could get a GM/Chevy built in this manner EVERYWHERE I care to take my truck.

I did raise my camper a bit more after that pic (my camper is built for a mini-truck, so it is narrow and shorter than most). I looked forever for an inflatable pad to put between the roof/camper, ended up with a heavy duty inflatable pool float.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles