Replacing Upper Vent Hose on LR3

senojev

Hi:

I've just spent a good few hours replacing the thermostat body and all of the coolant hoses except the upper vent hose (the one that contains the bleeder valve). One end disappears down by the throttle body and appears to go under the manifold to ?? Is it possible to access the point this hose attaches to without taking the manifold off? I've seen a couple of good articles on this forum on hose replacement but cannot find my specific hose described.

I hate to not replace this hose when I have done all the others as it will be the one to leak without fail.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

anglotron

Observer
I think the manifold has to come off. At least that's the conclusion I came to when I replaced my thermostat housing a few months ago. My LR3 has 90k on the clock and the hoses all looked to be in pretty good condition so I figured I'd save this job for another day.

unseenone

Explorer
I am in the middle of this project right now. If you really want to replace this hose, drop me a PM for the list of parts you will need. I also have an extra hose assembly with the t-connector in it. Here is a picture of the disassembled engine.

You will need to pull the intake off.

Last edited:

senojev

Thanks

I am in the middle of this project right now. If you really want to replace this hose, drop me a PM for the list of parts you will need. I also have an extra hose assembly with the t-connector in it. Here is a picture of the disassembled engine.

You will need to pull the intake off.

As I feared. I have the hose and am just going to replace the t-connector and the accessible part of the hose for now.

Thanks for the help.

Working on these cars every day, the hoses on them rarely fail, especially those little ones. We just replace the bleeder valves with a straight barbed brass fitting and call it good, haven't had any issues on hundreds of customers' cars.

srschick

Adventurer
Wish I had done this a week back, Had an "explosive" coolant blow-out at the thermostat housing last night.
Any have an idea as to the part price and estimated labor time to replace that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior