Considering selling 1995 Land Rover Defender 90

Bic

I have a 1995 Alpine White convertible with manual transmission that I've owned since 2002. It's difficult to write this, but I'm considering selling it.

To be clear, let me start by saying that it does not run.

That out of the way, the story goes like this:

I was deployed to Iraq for what was to have been a 6 week trip. It turned into a 6 month deployment. I came home for 6 weeks and the battery was dead. I replaced the battery and it started and ran. The following day, it turned over but would not start. I then went back to Iraq and began a 2 month deployed/2 month home rotation that lasted several years. The Defender remained in storage. At some point I attempted to drop the gas tank to get at the pump. 5 of the 8 bolts sheered.

I've drug the Defender from FL to NM and back to FL, always pretending that there'd be time for me to jump into the restoration/rebuild. While I'm no longer in the military and no longer deploying, I'm no less busy. I just don't know if/when I'll have time to get to working on it. So it sits inside a 28' enclosed trailer (I'll sell you that, too), awaiting a rebuild.

The Defender has fewer than 53,000 miles. It is unmolested (just hugely neglected). There are a few very small dings in the aluminum, the paint is in good condition, as is the top. Clear title.

It will require a complete rebuild. I have the new fuel pump installed in the tank, but there are still sheered bolts in the frame that need extracted.

If you are at all interested, let me know.

Tom

P.S. The trailer was 'custom' built with a V nose and front ramp to offload a pair of motorcycles and a 10' foot door for the Defender.

Elbee

Adventurer
Post it on the Defendersource as well. Im sure it wont be on there long, if you are set on selling.

Bic

Sorry folks, I'm busy trying to get my 40 hours in before holiday weekend. I will get some pictures and other pertinent information posted this weekend.

99Discovery

Adventurer
The asking price for a non running NAS Defender is $1k.

I wish....probably more like $10k. :(. I wish I had one to rebuild! Good luck! Too bad you can't take your time and get it fixed!

Bic

Who am I kidding? I can't sell this Defender! I'm sorry for the bait and switch. Any suggestions on restoration services?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz