Odyssey vs. Diehard Platinum

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
TheGillz said:
As the great Yogurt said, "VOLUME!".

Yep, same way Costco and Wally World can get the best prices on their products. Cause they order a boatload. Instead of the offroad shop that orders 5.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Right on.

New National Luna terminals just came in today from Equipt. Going to clean up both battery areas and ditch the cheesy schlep boy terminals. Need to re-shrink some and crimp some new terminal connectors.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Just installed numero dos....so far so good.

Sorry about the focus...I need better garage lights, and the ability to get out of the office during daylight.... :smilies27

291902712_JToHR-M.jpg

-H-

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Here's my cleaned up version... of the previous post. I would still like to lengthen the winch line + so it doesnt cross over top the battery. Drivers side battery looks indentical.

No more wingnuts!
s6300160kg9.jpg

Last edited:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
...um...yeah...mine's getting cleaned up when I put the HEI dizzy in....and the fuse block...and the winch...

Geez...two batteries certainly gave me a lot of work to do!

-H-

Brett M

Adventurer
Since I am dumb....and have no idea....how would I go about finding out what size battery my Cherokee XJ uses? I've an Orbital in there now, which is crapping out.......

Time for a new one I'd say

TheGillz

Explorer
So here's a dumb ?? Are these dual or deep cycle? Or can you get either at Sears now? I won't have need for another in the rig, as I plan on eventually putting a battery or two in the trailer and had planned on getting just deep cycle for non starting purposes...

shawkins

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Got crimpers? :D

*snip*

Going to rebuild some of the battery lines now.
Geeze! Those are huge! Kinda makes me glad I use the easy way for putting on terminals... Propane torch and solder.

The 4Runner is due here for a new battery and I think I'm going to venture away from the Les Schwab batteries that have always treated me right and try one of these.

But, do they come with the terminals reversed? I don't really want to redo my wiring.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
shawkins said:
Geeze! Those are huge! Kinda makes me glad I use the easy way for putting on terminals... Propane torch and solder.

The 4Runner is due here for a new battery and I think I'm going to venture away from the Les Schwab batteries that have always treated me right and try one of these.

But, do they come with the terminals reversed? I don't really want to redo my wiring.

My Dad just tried to put one of these Sears Platinum batteries in his 4Runner and they didn't have any reverse polarity models available. I don't know if they carry them at other Sears locations but this forced my Dad to just go install another Optima. He didn't want to deal with modifying the battery cables to handle the reversed battery posts from the stock config. :ar15:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles