1986 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ74 Jacksonville Florida

Crikeymike

Adventurer
1986 Toyota Landcruiser BJ74, 175,410KM (109,631 miles)

3.4L Turbo diesel, 5 speed manual transmission, 2/4 wheel drive, Right hand drive, PTO still in place but no PTO winch. Power steering, power mirrors, Air conditioning that works very well, Inclinometer/Altitude Meter on dash, digital clock, rear wiper, rear defroster, tilt steering wheel, manual windows, sliding rear side windows, original back seat (not currently installed but in good condition), removable fiberglass hardtop but most wouldn’t take that off, fold down windshield, center console with heater for rear passengers, map pockets on front doors, and cool Japanese stickers left from 2013 and older before it moved to the US.

Very original, restored to be as stock and functional as possible for a nearly 30 year old vehicle.

Here’s the list of new OE parts in the last 18 months:

All new steering links and rods

All drive belts

New sun visors

Front and rear turn signal and clearance lights

Fuel level and temp gauge

Oil pressure and voltage gauge

Temperature control gauges for AC and heat

Transmission and t-case and PTO shifter knobs

Front and rear axles fully rebuilt with new OE seals and bearings and felts (huge job, no leaks anywhere)

OE t-case skid plate, powder coated

Brand new manual hubs on the front

OE exhaust from downpipe to the back (have a new OE downpipe, not installed)

OE airbox and filter with pipe to intake

New 16” Toyota wheels powder coated (spare wheel is not the same, but almost, not installed)

Here’s the list of non-OE changes to the vehicle

ARB front winch bumper

Comeup 9000LB 24V electric winch with synthetic rope and roller fairlead

ARB AR21 Intensity LED spot and driving lights

ARB rear step bumper

Full Old Man Emu (OME) suspension including greasable shackles, pins, leaf springs, shocks and bushings with front steering damper

BFG 265/70R16 KO All terrain tires, 4 on the vehicle have 80%+ tread, have a brand new spare and new wheel not yet mounted and installed for the back door.

2 x Optima red top batteries with all new cables (this is a 24V vehicle)

Kenwood CD/MP3 radio with bluetooth, USB and AUX input, running the factory 2 front speakers

Front seats don’t currently match, as I was trying to figure out how to add legroom, which I have, but I didn’t get around to adding the new Bestop seats yet that I had planned. I have a total of 4 seats I can give you, so you can decide which you like better. Front driver’s seat sits about 3” back from stock, so my 6’2” size could fit better.

Back seat is not installed, as they didn’t come with seat belts in Japan, and it’s normally only 1-2 people in this. Tons of space for camping gear, easy 5ft+ of storage in the back, all flat too.

Now for the list of things that might/will need attention eventually

RPM gauge is intermittent and doesn’t always show the revs. I don’t know why, can’t figure it out.

Vehicle runs on after turning it off sometimes, but stops easily when you pump the brakes. Needs a new seal between the brake booster and the pedal connection I believe.

The factory 60mph buzzer needs to be disconnected!! It gets annoying.

Driver’s side side step took a little damage the one and only time I’ve taken it offroad. Doesn’t look great, but is still functional as a step. I was going to add a set of proper rock sliders, but didn’t get around to it yet. Body that it is attached to is not bent.

There is no rust anywhere on the underside of the vehicle. There is some rust on the rear outer fender wells that used to be covered up by fender flares. It’s easy to get to and hasn’t gone through the body to the inside. The windshield frame has some surface rust on the lower section from the inside. Nothing to make me want to replace it, but just letting you know. The windshield and all windows are in great shape with no issues. Rear windows have been tinted prior to me owning it, so it adds some security and cuts down the heat.

Other than those few things, this truck needs nothing. I get compliments on it all the time, it’s rock solid, very reliable, gets looks all over town especially when driving it by yourself, and would work great as a mail delivery vehicle!!

Serious inquiries only please. Message me, and I’ll send you a link to a full video walk around of the truck so you can see it properly before arranging to see it in person. I can also do Skype video for you if you want to see/hear it. No looky-loos please. $19,500 firm. Located in Jacksonville, Florida.

Link to all sorts of photos of it. Take note, no leaks at all on this vehicle!!!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PICS

Crikeymike

Adventurer
I also have a 24v ARB twin compressor to throw in, not installed. **edit** Nevermind, sold it to someone separately.

Last edited:

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
I also have a 24v ARB twin compressor to throw in, not installed.

This LC looks familiar, was it featured by Landcruisers Direct? I think they posted a few photos of it on Facebook recently. GLWTS, beautiful rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior