'90 Mercedes 917 Camper Build

beetlebum

Hi

Sorry I'm a complete newbie and want to make the jump from a landcruiser to a truck, Can you tell me how did you convert from the double rear wheels to the single ? I'm looking at lots of trucks and they all have double rear wheels.

Sitec

Adventurer
Hi

Sorry I'm a complete newbie and want to make the jump from a landcruiser to a truck, Can you tell me how did you convert from the double rear wheels to the single ? I'm looking at lots of trucks and they all have double rear wheels.

It's easy to do.. Find a rim manufacturer and get him to sort it for you. Ex military vehicles often run singles... Depends on what you buy as to what you'll have to do... But.. It also depends where you plan to go as to the need for singles.. We plan to do all of Australia, and then further afield, and won't be running singles, due to trying to find them in the middle of nowhere when they fail.. I ran trucks the length and breath of Africa on 11R's without incident.. 11R22.5's are everywhere.. Just my thoughts tho. That might change when I'm axle deep in sand in the Simpson Desert and no one is game/daft enough to try and pull me out!! ;)

Any bites on the truck UpperCrust?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles