'90 Mercedes 917 Camper Build

Sitec

Adventurer
We did not expect to be adding twins to our family when this build started and there is just not enough room....

I still don't think you have to sell.... Slightly bigger 12 tonne Crewcab truck, with the body you have sat on the back, and a fancy roof rack atop the new dual cab which houses a twin roof tent which is accessed from the second row seats. It'd be a smart looking rig too!! ;)

Wyuna

Observer
Are you attached to the twins? sell them on eBay and you have lots of travelling money:wings:

Coachgeo

Explorer
There small now. Will sleep in baskets on floor..... then later sleeping bags, then later you have a roof top tent over the cab. For transport...... mom drives a little truck behind you. Perfect for when you get stuck....... or need to run to town for supplies.... just take the small truck. Can be your official CHASE VEHICLE and chase crew. Before long they will be off and college and tada.. you loose your chase crew but gain..... CHASE GRAND KIDS:Wow1:

ekibike

Really enjoyed learning about your truck in this thread. Did you end up selling it? If not, is it still for sale (and for how much?)?

Ramdough

Adventurer
DzlToy,

XP Completed the whole thing. It was a learning experience with trial and error which took about 15 months. I am so excited for how it turned out but what sucks is I have to go right around and sell it! We did not expect to be adding twins to our family when this build started and there is just not enough room....

Can you add a large crawl through and seat belts to the dining seats? Add a roof top tent and you are done. As the kids grow, they can take turns in the passenger seat while the rest play games or watch movies in the back.

I currently have more butts in the family than seats in the truck I am working towards getting. I plan to do what I describe above but without the RTT. I plan a bigger box. In your case, I would stick with what you have unless you plan a mammoth trip with the family (years). One day you will want a camper the size you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Sorry everyone! I've moved across the country and my wife had twins, been super busy. Yes it is still for sale, we have just been putting the final touches on everything. I will be posting in the Classified section soon as well as an update to the build.

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Seating for 6, plus turns into a full size bed.

IMG_4579 by casejeep, on Flickr

Queen size bed with storage underneath.

IMG_4564 by casejeep, on Flickr

Storage, Storage, and more Storage....

IMG_4559 by casejeep, on Flickr

IMG_4560 by casejeep, on Flickr

IMG_4548 by casejeep, on Flickr

IMG_4549 by casejeep, on Flickr

IMG_4550 by casejeep, on Flickr

IMG_4551 by casejeep, on Flickr

Kitchen with diesel cooktop and convection microwave oven.

IMG_4574 by casejeep, on Flickr

Huge fridge/freezer

IMG_4581 by casejeep, on Flickr

Marine grade electronics

IMG_4573 by casejeep, on Flickr

IMG_4555 by casejeep, on Flickr

Fully inclosed bathroom with teak floor.

IMG_4553 by casejeep, on Flickr

IMG_4554 by casejeep, on Flickr

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Very sweet, looks great. Mind posting a link here to the FS post so we can all follow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94