• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 52

McBride

Adventurer
Nice! I can't wait to see it. I think the hot boot is Freudian. I'd take the one spot where the router crossed the line and finish it off to make a spot to lift out the board.

Once you have it finished and back together I think a shakedown cruise is in order! I still want to see your secret spot in the Jemez. Might be a good family trip.

burquedoka

Adventurer
Making progress! The Monstaliner was a breeze to apply, and I'm really happy with the results. I would highly recommend it to anyone for this type of project and or a truck bed. My only surprise is it is not rubbery at all, like I thought it would be. Instead, it is very hard and shell like.
Time to start the reassembly and fine fitment of everything, and of corse fabing the aluminum trim.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 46

Abe Froman

Adventurer
I was thinking of using some monstaliner inside my sprinter van.
How long did you let it "breathe" before installing the cargo systems?
I have heard about some pretty serious off-gassing and odors; but that was on jeeps when applied directly to the floor.
Great build BTW.

burquedoka

Adventurer
thanks for the kudos.
Yeah this stuff is pretty stinky, that's for sure. The two side sections of the cabinets were coated inside the G, and while it's gotten better over the past 5 days, I still need to have the windows down when I'm driving. Fortunately I am about to go on vacation for two weeks, so I'm hoping things will mellow out a bit by then. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few months to go away completely.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Good tip on the monstaliner. I just ordered a quart and will use it to top coat my running boards. They got media blasted and freshly powder coated last month.

Looking really nice there James.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
James, how do you like the Monstaliner vs similar(I'm not even sure what is similar) products?

burquedoka

Adventurer
James, how do you like the Monstaliner vs similar(I'm not even sure what is similar) products?

So far, I like it. It is a hard surface, not soft like I thought it would be. The strong off-gassing has diminined a lot and is getting better by the day. I can now drive with the windows up. The texture is nice and even since it is obtained by the roller and not a rubber particulate like the other similar brands, so that's a big plus. I think my only negative remark about the product is it shows rub marks from the other coated panels when they happen to brush past each other (like where I have the removable fridge module). It does seem to be taken care of for the most part by wiping them off with a wet cloth. I'll see if I can capture a picture of what I'm talking about. The surface is very strong though and resistant to gouging and is totally water and mess proof.

I am back from vacation and will be making some progress here with in the next few day so stay tuned....

Just printed all the pictures for ideas in the bed of my truck. You do very nice work! The first big trip I did after I built my drawers for the bed I knew I wanted something different!

iphone 216.jpg

iphone 220.jpg

iphone 239.jpg

When complete mine weighed it at 300 lbs empty. So I would like to reduce the weight by half on the next build and utilize the wing doors better.

McBride

Adventurer
W Taco,

Nice build.

Just for the record I have to let you know that Burquedoka has recently developed a serious addiction to scribing plywood. He's in treatment now and should be back soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles