G500 interior cabinet build

burquedoka

Adventurer
Remove the spare from the door and disconnect the door stop at the bottom of the door jamb. The door naturally opens all the way 180* and stops with out any kind of interference. The caveat is the spare must be removed, hence my future rear bumper/swing out spare mount project.

burquedoka

Adventurer
More progress....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 43

burquedoka

Adventurer
Starting on the aux battery mount for my diehard platinum. I found this water jet cut mount on the interweb and it fits beautifully, except to get it up against the wall of the side cubby it's going in, I need to raise the tab on one side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 47

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Remove the spare from the door and disconnect the door stop at the bottom of the door jamb. The door naturally opens all the way 180* and stops with out any kind of interference. The caveat is the spare must be removed, hence my future rear bumper/swing out spare mount project.

Gotcha, I always had my spare (or custom tanks) on.

McBride

Adventurer
Could you cut off the tabs and hinge it or latch it? Does the upper part of the unit need to be removable? If not Phillip has a beautiful new welder.

burquedoka

Adventurer
I cut and welded in a section of 1" strap on the lid and on the base. This will lift the tab above the structure of the G, allowing me to hard fasten the 70# battery to the truck and the cabinetry together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 30

burquedoka

Adventurer
The "systems" cabinet is starting to make some progress. So far the aux battery is mounted, Yeasu 857d mounted and the National Luna split charge relay mounted. To come will be a fuse panel, a duo battery solar charge regulator and display and an 8" bazooka sub woofer mounted up high in the ceiling of the cabinet. I'm still on the fence about mounting the ARB compressor within this compartment, or under the driver seat in place of the cd changer.

In the second photo, you can make out the hatch to access, and remove when necessary, the main battery.

image.jpgView attachment 295309

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 39

burquedoka

Adventurer
Packing up and heading out to Salida, Co and then Villactios lake east of Durango with the family. The G project still has a way to go, (trim mostly and installation of the upper drawer) but I thought I'd give you an idea of how she will look when packed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 50

burquedoka

Adventurer
Side cubbies......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 64

McBride

Adventurer
Jeez! Nice! Those gullwing doors really do seem to be a game changer in how a vehicle can be set up - excellent access and the possibilities....

burquedoka

Adventurer
Any updates on this build?

Oops, sorry I haven't been over here in a while. No progress on the build beyond those last pictures. Like most of my projects, I get about 95% done a start the next project. All I need to do though is finish the edge and corner trim and install the upper drawer system. I am still very happy with the build though, I use it constantly

xbombtek

Observer
Yeah, I definitely understand not ever getting a project 100% done. Thanks for the update though. Looks like a well designed and implemented system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94