G500 interior cabinet build

burquedoka

Adventurer
This is a little something I have been working on this past winter. Vs. 2 of a cabibinet system in my family camp wagen. It is done with an eye toward utilizing all available space within the back of the cabin,(my three ladies carry a ton of crap!) while retaining utility function of hauling random items when not in camp mode. It is a modular system that can accommodate my Engle fridge, or when not camping, has a flat deck that meets the level of the seat backs when they are folded down. The Gullwing hatches are from our friends at Frontrunner.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

burquedoka

Adventurer
And here it is in camp mode, with the cabinet in place for my Engle and a cubby for my ************** Overland Solar 90w trifold pannel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 96

burquedoka

Adventurer
This shows the upper drawer system in action.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 85

burquedoka

Adventurer
That's it for now. Time to tear it down and do a little finish work and then coating. I look forward to getting this done and reinstalling all the accessories in their new homes. My pace is slow with a family, but I'll keep this updated as I make progression.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Very nice. Great wood working skills! I like the K&V Push-pull locking slides. I used them on my Jeep build years ago and couldn't have been happier. Cant wait to see your future progress!

Shlaytim

AZBADAZ
That is awesome! Love the idea and the layout. Having access from the side panels and the rear is pure genius. I wish I could replace the rear windows in my Ford van, because I would totally copy your idea:sombrero:. Great work and I cant wait to see the finished product!

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
That is rad! Nice work! Does that top drawer tilt down? I like the camp/non-camp versatility a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles