NAS LR3 build with an overseas twist

latarheel

latarheel
Ray,

what was your upgraded D1 radio solution? My PO put in a crappy aftermarket so looking for a better solution.

Ray_G

Explorer
Ray,

what was your upgraded D1 radio solution? My PO put in a crappy aftermarket so looking for a better solution.

Nothing amazing, just a JVC unit that gave me BT, ipod integration, etc. The part that makes it palatable, to me, is that it has enough colors to sorta match the green of other instruments and such. This shot kinda illustrates that.
fullsizeoutput_ea3.jpg

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Ray,

Best solution is to get a used factory unit with a vin#. Then send it to this guys and have it clean it up!
www. gb4x4radios. com
I got the radio and vin for $40 and for $200 he put in new leds fixed the tape player and added an AUX. all functions work even CD.

Ray_G

Explorer
gb4x4radios has had more than a few negative complaints.

Yeah, I would be one of those complaints for sure Stu-very bad interaction w/them a few years back. That's actually why I have that JVC unit in the truck in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray_G

Explorer
Actually doing the coil conversion, on another truck

So I finally got the chance to do a coil conversion (and assist with upper a arms for that matter). Clifford (the big red dog) from Twin Mtn hit approx 175k and the EAS was clapped out so John opted for the heavy load +2 coil conversion kit, and thus yesterday we said out with the old EAS and in with the new coils.
image3.JPG

I can't even deal with rotating the damn pic. Removal wasn't too bad, the rear upper nut all the way around is a bit of a PITA to access. Everything else was easy esp with air tools. Install wasn't hard but for the rears needing to be clocked slightly (spring compressors), once that was sorted it was easy.
image2.JPG
Stance looks good and I'm interested to see how it rides since I'm seriously considering ordering just the HD springs for the back of mine. Hardware took the better part of a slow to start, hot in the middle, day. Today we play with software options but more on that depending on success we have (or lack thereof).
image1.JPG
My truck soldiers on, few mods at the moment b/c life. Preparing to move, again, also cuts back on opportunity. That said the bonnet opening cable is now broken, and I had to recharge my a/c b/c it was not cold, so the need to for sacrafice to the god of LR is rising.
image4.JPG
r-
R

Ray_G

Explorer
A few more of the truck being used as intended and out playing with an older sister.
85a49b4dad7832464171f55363414e36.jpg

844aa38c9f06785a733daaa0b725b2bc.jpg

736c9b8546baf775e19f9586caca4e11.jpg

142dba6513d79aa55aa8cd5bf806bc13.jpg

Ray_G

Explorer
51f404740f188880516e2026a25f59cd.jpg

It's like the truck knows we are moving, have a million other things going on, and still wants attention. So she will get attention, at the dealer. (Prob the starter, just a single click when I turn the key-battery is good, negative was tight...I don't care). Needed to go in anyway bc the bonnet unlatch cable is broken and i want them to fix the reoccurring P0441 CEL... good times burning up the CC.

Ray_G

Explorer
9bf77cba732b439d3c1b55b73894c698.jpg

Out with a playmate, showing no signs of distress from the move.

Two substantive reflections:
-Used an autologic to input the wheel diameter, width, & tire size into the truck's configuration. Mileage on the way back from WV was 15 MPG, nearing 16 when I slowed down from 77. Could be a fluke, but shift points feel smoother than before when those values were 'undefined'

-Took advantage of Atlantic British's 4th of July free shipping and went ahead and ordered the HD rear coils. Those will get installed soon to make her a hybrid w/MD up front, HD in the back.

Ray_G

Explorer
That's awesome on the fuel economy. How did you go about the calibration?

So with the autologic it was one of the fields you can configure, my buddy had found it tinkering around with his LR4 & then did it to his LR3. We decided to see what my CCF would have in it (undefined was what the field read) and thus updated it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles