NAS LR3 build with an overseas twist

I've sent her off another email. I didn't hear back the last time. Black on black does get quite hot in the summer and with an ARB fridge in the back, anything to keep the heat down is a bonus.

My first time getting a hold of her was a few days and then communications were spot on after that.

Just leave the fridge open and connect a solar panel......like a swamp cooler! Hahaha:wings:

Colin Hughes

Explorer
My first time getting a hold of her was a few days and then communications were spot on after that.

Just leave the fridge open and connect a solar panel......like a swamp cooler! Hahaha:wings:

I had a 100w solar panel mounted to the roof but in order to have the panel in the sun, the truck needed to be in the sun kinda defeating the purpose. I have a dual battery system and drive at least two hours most days so it stays pretty well charged except when camping in hot weather and not driving for a few days. I moved the solar setup to my teardrop but will be adding a smaller 50w solar panel to the truck that can be packed away and deployed in the sun while the truck stays in the shade when boondocking.

roverpat

Observer
I had a 100w solar panel mounted to the roof but in order to have the panel in the sun, the truck needed to be in the sun kinda defeating the purpose. I have a dual battery system and drive at least two hours most days so it stays pretty well charged except when camping in hot weather and not driving for a few days. I moved the solar setup to my teardrop but will be adding a smaller 50w solar panel to the truck that can be packed away and deployed in the sun while the truck stays in the shade when boondocking.

Your setup sounds just like mine. Even the commute part. What are you using for a dual battery controller?

Colin Hughes

Explorer
I've got a Surepower 1314 battery separator. Doesn't open until the main battery is fully charged and closes when the truck is shut off so the main battery doesn't drain. Simple and less than $75.
Your setup sounds just like mine. Even the commute part. What are you using for a dual battery controller?

Ray_G

Explorer
I've sent her off another email. I didn't hear back the last time. Black on black does get quite hot in the summer and with an ARB fridge in the back, anything to keep the heat down is a bonus.

Jumping in late; apologies to all for falling off my own build thread. I will throw myself to the mercy of the crowd given that I'm at the tail end of two weeks in Japan (meh) Vietnam (amazing) and now the PRC (somewhere in between-with 1.3B people) that I didn't take a computer on. Now on the wife's and using a VPN I'm catching up on Asia trying to murder me through amazing food and far too much booze.

So with the vents, I'll be purchasing the Nakatenga vents as soon as I get home for exactly what has been described-i.e. keeping some air flowing as we head fully into East Coat summer. From what I've heard they work fairly well in that role.

As far as purchasing direct vs via SDO, I will go with SDO even if it is a little more. Jason Lavender is a stand up guy, a pillar of the Northern VA Rover community-so I'm biased since he's a friend too.
r-
Ray

Jwestpro

Explorer
Jumping in late; apologies to all for falling off my own build thread. I will throw myself to the mercy of the crowd given that I'm at the tail end of two weeks in Japan (meh) Vietnam (amazing) and now the PRC (somewhere in between-with 1.3B people) that I didn't take a computer on. Now on the wife's and using a VPN I'm catching up on Asia trying to murder me through amazing food and far too much booze.

So with the vents, I'll be purchasing the Nakatenga vents as soon as I get home for exactly what has been described-i.e. keeping some air flowing as we head fully into East Coat summer. From what I've heard they work fairly well in that role.

As far as purchasing direct vs via SDO, I will go with SDO even if it is a little more. Jason Lavender is a stand up guy, a pillar of the Northern VA Rover community-so I'm biased since he's a friend too.
r-
Ray

Wow! I've been wanting vents like I've seen in defenders and was thinking of how to make my own but these are way nicer than what I could come up with on a time/cost ration. Also this is totally going on my spare tire carrier swing arm: folding 2 level shelf in aluminum: https://www.seriesdefender.com/exterior/folding-table.html

r-
Ray

No issues there. I'm just putting out there what options are available. I'm in Hawaii and when people start including me in USA shipping costs my loyalty will come up! Like them, it's business for me and I have to stretch my dollar as far as I can. Lol. Until then I have to go with who will work on shipping and exchange rate.

Sometimes I feel like we are another country out here. Lol

Like I said, one of the best investments I've made. I love my vents and use them often. You won't want them at high speed but low speed be parked they are excellent and a "must have"!

Rover on my fiend, Rover on! :smiley_drive:

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
Colin, I emailed a few days ago and got a response within 2-3hrs. However, Barb did ask that I give her a few days to get an accurate quote based on some weekend festival they are planning for. I was grateful for a response and explanation, but if I don't have some vents heading to GA by mid-week next week, I'll turn to SDO as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ray_G

Explorer
6660e1c1489821e445eea5e1562ba5cb.jpg

Just a little shot of normal Land Rover activities. Parts truck XD being moved for a new life as a rollover demo truck. I know 'it's rare' but it is also catastrophically rusted and mechanically dead so it will live on as a servant to safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin Hughes

Explorer
What email address do you have? I still haven't heard a thing. Thanks!
Colin, I emailed a few days ago and got a response within 2-3hrs. However, Barb did ask that I give her a few days to get an accurate quote based on some weekend festival they are planning for. I was grateful for a response and explanation, but if I don't have some vents heading to GA by mid-week next week, I'll turn to SDO as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles