Silversurfer's M101 CDN Expedition Trailer

harv3589

Adventurer
I know he just got it out of storage for this year....just started to do a few more things on it. I'm sure he'll get his post updated shortly.

Whatever happened to your build? Any more updates?
Hello everyone
As Rob said I just pulled the trailer out of storage and I'm starting the last part of the build before we make our continental divide run in July!!
Yesterday we picked up the CampChef stove/oven which will go into the kitchen tongue box
0af758f31e9a1c8fa0631d2d3acec6c9.jpg

Over the next week I'll fabricate a bin to go along side the unit to hold utensils and plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rnArmy

Adventurer
My buddy and I drove the Dempster last summer with a 98 Jeep GC pulling a little trailer I'd made. Beautiful drive. But as you said, your vehicle and trailer may take a little beating. No tire issues, but we didn't have mud flaps on the Jeep and it really sandblasted the trailer. It also punched holes in the trailer's side marker lights, and rocks kicked up by the Jeep's tires bounced off the trailer and put pock marks in the Jeep's back window. Plus that road's dirt was almost like concrete (it rained both days we were on the Dempster). I spent a ton of money at a car wash trying to get all the mud out of the backside of the rims and such.

But your pictures brought back happy memories. Thanks!

Yukon Dempster Eagle Pass Copy.2.JPGYukon Dempster.1.JPGYukon Keith and Jeep.1.jpg

My buddy and I drove the Dempster last summer with a 98 Jeep GC pulling a little trailer I'd made. Beautiful drive. But as you said, your vehicle and trailer may take a little beating. No tire issues, but we didn't have mud flaps on the Jeep and it really sandblasted the trailer. It also punched holes in the trailer's side marker lights, and rocks kicked up by the Jeep's tires bounced off the trailer and put pock marks in the Jeep's back window. Plus that road's dirt was almost like concrete (it rained both days we were on the Dempster). I spent a ton of money at a car wash trying to get all the mud out of the backside of the rims and such.

But your pictures brought back happy memories. Thanks!

View attachment 401587View attachment 401588View attachment 401589

Your welcome!! I've talked to a few people now that were inspired by our trip, and made there own adventures happen I'll return to the arctic in the next few years to run the Tuk road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

nastav

Adventurer
A clean Haven of comfort:) thank you Tepui
View attachment 300818

Hi,
I’m looking at the same AT bracket awning set up on my M101cdn.
This photo made me think about the tent and awning relationship.
Since the tent flysheet stays appear to be in the path of the awning when raised, how do you use both the RTT and the raised awning simultaneously?
Any photos?
I may be just overlooking the obvious.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne