Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LR3/4 Rear AC Line relocation

Default LR3/4 Rear AC Line relocation

I have used the search function to no avail and only seen mention of relocation of the rear ac lines in the passenger rear wheel well on the LR3/4 relocation.

Is there a DIY guide somewhere for this? I know where the lines are but have not pulled the fender liner yet and am trying to get an idea of what is required to complete the modification.

Running 285/65/18 for an upcoming trip and will be working on that body seam and wanted to do it all at the same time.

interested in this as well

I seem to remember reading such a post a year or two ago (sorry no idea where I saw the post) where someone moved the line that was in the RR fender well along the seam you want to fold. Turned out this line is Not AC fluid/gas (freon) but is a coolant line so no high pressure fixings are needed. Once he discovered this he just ran some hose with clamps in a different route well away from the path of an articulating tire.
    1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 240,000+ miles
    2006 Discovery 3 - Locking Rear Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Goodyear MT/R Kevlar tires, LLAMS Suspension Controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff Guard, Tactical 4x4 Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper w/Swing Away Tire Carrier, and Front Bumper w/12K Smittybilt winch.
    2007 RR Supercharged - White on White
    Nanocom Evolution owner - Licensed for LR3/Discovery 3
    GAP Diagnostics IID Bluetooth

dsm02c, my box was full. open now.

I didn't do the job myself but being part of the planning and seeing how it was done, they were basically pushed over and I think more or less tied off to stay put. the body metal seam has to be flattened though so be prepared with proper materials to cover any metal that is exposed.

The most annoying thing about this process is that you'll learn by seeing what's in there that the 32" - maybe 33", is pretty much the true maximum for the lr3/4 without getting into WAY more involved cutting and rebuilding of the fender itself. It's just so damn tight in there.
    Current:
    2007 Land Rover LR3, extensive build
    2004 Discovery II, light build
    1996 Discovery I still in the family
    Previous:
    2007 Range Rover SC
    2006 Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoNels View Post
    Turned out this line is Not AC fluid/gas (freon) but is a coolant line so no high pressure fixings are needed. Once he discovered this he just ran some hose with clamps in a different route well away from the path of an articulating tire.
    I'm going to ask a tech about that. Would be great if total reroute were more DIY simple.
    Current:
    Previous:
    2007 Range Rover SC
    2006 Land Cruiser

Thanks! Looks like I might get the opportunity to modify it without a DIY.
    Last edited by dsm02c; 06-09-2015 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Not the first

First? Plenty of people have done it themselves. They just aren't aware of this thread. There is for sure a DIY thread somewhere like on disco3uk or the land rover forums
    Current:
    Previous:
    2007 Range Rover SC
    2006 Land Cruiser

I spent quite a bit of time searching the all the online LR resources I could and could not find one. If anybody has any big tips please chime in.

Well, I thought I'd help you out and find the post about someone moving the rear coolant lines but it doesn't appear that the website is working anymore. Originally found the post here. https://lr3tips.wordpress.com/2010/1...ger-tires-rub/ But, like I said, it appears that www.lrrforums.com is no more, the whole site is gone. The link we're looking for is: http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=11406&page=10

If anyone knows how to access any archives that might be available, please post the info.

From what I remember of the original post it's an easy fix since they're just coolant hoses. Splice, reroute, and clamp, you're done.
    1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 240,000+ miles
    2006 Discovery 3 - Locking Rear Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Goodyear MT/R Kevlar tires, LLAMS Suspension Controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff Guard, Tactical 4x4 Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper w/Swing Away Tire Carrier, and Front Bumper w/12K Smittybilt winch.
    2007 RR Supercharged - White on White
    Nanocom Evolution owner - Licensed for LR3/Discovery 3
    GAP Diagnostics IID Bluetooth

I followed that thread too and couldn't find it today. The big job was pounding the fin flat. I did a little judicious grinding on the fin make it easier to bend and then bashed it 90 deg. flat.
    -Dirk
    KG7IHT
    2005 Land Rover LR3. Locking rear diff, BFG ATKO's, ASFIR skid plates, Baja Rack, Yaesu 8800 HAM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast