Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

Healeyjet

Explorer
IMG_8365.jpg
Had a minor disaster when I was loading the camper in -35c temps. I leaned on the corner of the counter to help me stand up and when I did I noticed the corner of the counter had broken. I don't know if I did it when I leaned on it or when it happened but it was broken nonetheless. I taped it on and finished loading and we hit the road hoping to deal with the problem in warmer temps. That time was yesterday when I drove past a granite shop. I asked if it could be repaired and was assured it could be. Johnny came out to the camper and took 45 minutes to epoxy fill the crack, tape it in place, wait for it to cure and sand it back to original condition. The rapair is absolutely invisible!
Then we went to Ormond by the Sea to visit a friend. We ended the night in Flagler Beach FL for the night. What a beautiful place to watch a sunrise.
IMG_8368.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

IMG_8385.jpg

IMG_8393.JPG

IMG_8394.JPG

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Gorgeous!!
So glad there are still lots of businesses who can perform a quick fix, and do it right the first time!

Healeyjet

Explorer
Is there a lot of expansion/contraction with different temperatures in Granit?
I dont think here is. This is a composite material not granite. Think Corian or Silestone. I think the only expansion may be my backside that was too much for the corner to handle lol

Yes Johnny did an awesome job!!!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I dont think here is. This is a composite material not granite. Think Corian or Silestone. I think the only expansion may be my backside that was too much for the corner to handle lol

Yes Johnny did an awesome job!!!

So a solid surface material then.

Jman

Saw the truck parked at the Savannah visitors center on Saturday. Nobody was around but the truck looks great in person.

Healeyjet

Explorer
JMan that was us. Too bad we weren't around. We were parked there for three days while we explored downtown Savannah. In Asheville NC now. Probably heading towards Jonesboro TN in a couple days. You just touring too? Where you headed?
Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
JMan we are just south of Indiannapolis today. We are making our way slowly home. Plan to be home next Friday.
Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
We sure were. Went to see Frank Lloyd Wright designed Samara yesterday. Had a great meal at East End Grill.
Loved Lafayette and want to come back in summer!
Ward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles