Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Mike and I had the true pleasure of meeting up with Ward and Annie as they were passing through town. True to form, they are just like their epic Intercontinental Cruiser; AMAZING! What wonderful people to hang with. And their Cruiser.... <jaw drop> :drool: :Wow1: :drool: I don't want to toot my own horn here, but I feel that after 20yrs in the "auto" industry I have a solid grasp on attention to detail, craftsmanship, execution of ideas/desires, etc. So I am wholly confident that from what I have seen and experienced thus far, if I had a custom expedition cabin built today, I'd be calling ITB.

Continue to travel safe and have fun you two! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

motrhed

Observer
I saw you yesterday heading east on highway 16 east of Edson, Alberta. I was west bound and seriously considered turning around to chase you down for a better look... but that would have been just weird.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Motrhed, you wouldn't have been the first! :bike_rider:

We are home now so I should have a trip report up shortly. 5,500 miles, 6 weeks. We met many of our online friends and some new ones.

If I don't get the trip report up this week it may be a couple weeks as it looks like I am going to Easter Jeep Safari in Moab this weekend.

Ward

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Glad you and Annie made it home safe Ward. Looking to your final trip report, as well as one from EJS!

Healeyjet

Explorer
Trip report in the works. I am not sure I will be going to EJS after all. I floated the idea out there and never really heard much back. I wont have a Jeep with me to do trail rides and it sounds like EJS is all trial rides with not much else going on. I would take my mountain bike but not sure.....still thinking on it. It is after all a 2,800 mile round trip for me. That coupled with the fact that Annie and I have talked about Expo in Flagstaff in May and NWOR in June our travel dollars would be eaten up fairly quick.:Wow1: I read that there is a vendor sales area at EJS but it is only two of the days and I can only circle that so many times, LOL. I am not sure on wild camping in the area around Moab as Annie and I were only there once for about 6 hours so I am not familiar with the area at all.
That's my reality today. Don't have to leave until tomorrow and the Cruiser is still watered up and stocked so I can leave at a moments notice........

Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
I know right!
The problem is my son has the LJ at school right now in another city and I don't have the tow bar yet. Sad days!
Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
Running out of time to do a travel update so I will just post some pics of the rest of our trip with some small stories. There are some of our friends who we visited along the way who offered their yards to us that we loved staying at. In the issue of privacy I have left those out.
Thanks Jeremy and Mike for supper !!

Stopped by Ozrocket's for a quick visit.

Spent some time in Quartzsite, AZ

Anza Borrego, CA

Made it to the Tierra Del Sol annual Jeep crawl. Not me or my Jeep lol.

Stopped in Julian, CA, for a quick cider

"camped" just outside San Diego

One of the three nights in six weeks that we got a campsite. North of San Diego.

Went to the Friday night street fair in Monrovia, CA

A friend of ours was the head of woodwork restoration on the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Hollyhock House so we had to tour that one again.

"camped" in front of the Gamble House one night. Went for a tour the next morning.

We stopped in Malibu at Nobu for lunch. It was our big "splurge" of the trip (other than quilting fabric for Annie). This pretty travel partner always manages to come out of the Cruiser looking gorgeous. I get dressed up by wearing my pair of Exofficio travel pants and a mosquito proof shirt. I guess I have to up my travel clothing game to keep up with her, LOL.

Stopped just north of LA to Visit Scott S2DM

Pretty self explanatory

Met some new over-landing friends who invited us to camp in this lovely spot.

We rarely eat inside the Cruiser but this day was raining and we had lunch with three of us comfortably inside the Cruiser.

Northern California, Avenue of the Giants.

Ferry in Seattle over to Vashon Island to visit friends.

Ferry back to Seattle, Wa

Stopped for "Java" in Seattle.

Parallel parked the rig a couple times when Annie said I wouldn't be able to :safari-rig:

Annie made slow cooker stew while we drove one day.

Stopped along highway 16 in British Columbia.

We are now parked at home. I have done a quick trip to Moab UT in the Cruiser for Easter Jeep Safari. I went by myself for that trip and realized I much prefer travelling with Annie to being alone. See, you always learn something about yourself during travel!

Ward

adam88

Explorer
hey Ward,

I was wondering if you could tell me the model of sink you used? I'm having trouble finding a nice undermount stainless sink in that size. Your rig is looking great!!! Going to be at expo this year???

Adam

Healeyjet

Explorer
Adam, the kitchen or bathroom sink?
Sadly no we didn't get in to Expo this year. With the new location they have a reduced number of spots for big rigs and sold out a while ago. I tried getting in but sadly no luck this year. We decided late that we could go and sadly our loss. We could park out in the forest away from Expo but having done that in the past it isn't the experience we are seeking when we go to Expo. We do that quite a bit so for us the fun in Expo is the socializing all weekend.

We were also hoping to go to NWOR and BCOR but it looks like that is out as well. Our niece is getting married on June 24th. If we can we may slide out to NWOR but would have to zip straight back to the wedding.

Ward

java

Expedition Leader
Thanks for making time for me to see your lovely home on wheels Ward.

Maybe ill see you at the NWOR!

Healeyjet

Explorer
Gabe, it was a real nice visit. Your camper is coming along wonderfully!
Yes, hopefully we can get to NWOR for a visit.
Ward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles