trying to find some wolf pack aka south african ammo boxes

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
I want to pick up some of the Frontrunner style Wolf Pack boxes.

Anyone know of a stateside place with these in stock? I think they are the same size as the south african ammo boxes. I need 4.

Front-Runner-Wolf-Pack-web.jpg

We're expecting to have more stock in about 2-3 weeks. Sorry for the delay everyone. This should be the last time we run out of stock like this.

Feel free to email me directly anytime for updates on inventory.

-Bryan
Bryan@FrontRunnerOutfitters.com

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
The ones I have were sold as Wolf Dog rather than Wolf Pack, but appear to be the same box. They are bigger than the South African ammo boxes (the brown ones). The Wolf Dog boxes seem somewhat fragile and will crack and break if you drop them, even if empty. They stack nicely and interlock so that is a big plus compared to a lot of other options.

jeegro

Adventurer
Personally, I tried to like Wolfpack style boxes but the latches, whether plastic or metal, suck to deal with, plastic ones break and fall off and the metal ones fall off quite a bit too.

I gave up and went with the Container store boxes linked above and some of their gray watertight ones:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10034767&N=&Ntt=watertight

Readily available and cheap enough to replace. Been using both styles a couple years now and have zero issues.

I felt the same way, but Front Runner also makes a smaller box, the Cub Pack, with an easier to handle lid. They're perfect

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
If you look online you can get the original .223 ammo boxes but you will need to pay for shipping. I bought a bunch in Singapore and Malaysia, I think I paid about $5 each. You can also get good deals on them in various places in Africa if you look, but the problem is finding them if you need them in a hurry. When we did our London to Singapore trip, I needed two extra, right away, so I just ordered them from Frontrunner.

Rather that search for "Wolf Boxes", try searching for a variation of ".223, 2700 round, south africa ammo box", that will take you to the surplus pages rather than the overloading pages. Be prepared to do a lot of searching and send out a bunch of emails.

Or, just wait for Tina to have them back in stock...

dstock

Explorer
I felt the same way, but Front Runner also makes a smaller box, the Cub Pack, with an easier to handle lid. They're perfect

Thanks, I will check those out. Still happy with my Container Store boxes but always like to check out new kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles