Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaskan on a 97 F250 4x4 Diesel

Default Alaskan on a 97 F250 4x4 Diesel

Howdy!
    I've been lurking around here for a little while and finally decided to stick my head above the sand and say hi. I've seen some great rigs(and stories) here but not a whole lot of Alaskan's which is what I've somewhat recently acquired, so far I'm loving it, and really enjoying all the little custom projects that go along with making a rig like this your own. I hail from the bay area and do a lot of enduro/dual sport moto riding in the nearby Sierra and parts beyond. For years I used a 4 runner and even hauled 2 bikes without a trailer, I used 2 carriers, one off the rear, one off front and got plenty of funny looks going down the highway. I decided to get something with a bit more winter comfort since the best time of year to ride is generally fall and winter and the car style camping was getting a little old.. and cold. I generally avoid crowded "camp sites" so 4x4 is important for getting into the boonies of course. This is actually my second pop-up, my old one was a Palamino B1200 which I took on a bunch of moto trips and to Baja for a few weeks.

Here's a few shots from the eastern Sierra near Bodie/Bridgeport.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a few shots from the voyage back from Tucson AZ where we purchased the camper complete with an obligatory loop through Moab!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice set up. Loved my Alaskan. Hope you enjoy it.
    2014 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    2014 Silver Spur Four Wheel Camper, Hawk

Beauty...
    djmase
    blog: djmase.tumblr.com
    instagram: djessemase

Nice rig!

I recently acquired a Alaskan Camper myself and am looking forward to using it. I need to start a thread on it.
    "Once you leave the pavement, it's like entering a parallel universe... a wormhole in both space and time... sometimes you won't believe you're still in the United States, or in this century," Dr. Rock.

That's a fine setup you got there! :bowdown
    97 F-350 CC Long bed. Power Stroke, 5 spd, warn out front, Titan tank underneath, little bit of lift, 315's, lots of goodies- Let The Good Times Roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Motafinga View Post
    Howdy!
    I've been lurking around here for a little while and finally decided to stick my head above the sand and say hi. I've seen some great rigs(and stories) here but not a whole lot of Alaskan's which is what I've somewhat recently acquired, so far I'm loving it, and really enjoying all the little custom projects that go along with making a rig like this your own. I hail from the bay area and do a lot of enduro/dual sport moto riding in the nearby Sierra and parts beyond. For years I used a 4 runner and even hauled 2 bikes without a trailer, I used 2 carriers, one off the rear, one off front and got plenty of funny looks going down the highway. I decided to get something with a bit more winter comfort since the best time of year to ride is generally fall and winter and the car style camping was getting a little old.. and cold. I generally avoid crowded "camp sites" so 4x4 is important for getting into the boonies of course. This is actually my second pop-up, my old one was a Palamino B1200 which I took on a bunch of moto trips and to Baja for a few weeks.

Here's a few shots from the eastern Sierra near Bodie/Bridgeport.
    Banks offers some good power enhancements for that era.
    We just returned from the Mammoth/Lake Sabrina/Pine Creek area. Nice in the hills,hot,hot in the valley.
    2007 Dodge 2500 Regcab 4wd 5.9 CTD. G-56 , TC800 Northstar popup 24/7. Suspension mutt. Kore,Thuren & Carli. Anarchy EFI Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Regcabguy View Post
    Banks offers some good power enhancements for that era.
    We just returned from the Mammoth/Lake Sabrina/Pine Creek area. Nice in the hills,hot,hot in the valley.
    Yeah the previous owner installed a DP tuner, did a CAT delete, opened the exhaust and did a K&N. Truck has great power, MUCH more than my last 99 psd which was stock. My next short trip will be Bowman lake in the Tahoe wilderness, dual sport moto to Downieville from there. Next longer trip will be through Or>Wash>BC in late August

Quote Originally Posted by Toyman01 View Post
    Nice rig!

I recently acquired a Alaskan Camper myself and am looking forward to using it. I need to start a thread on it.
    Thanks! Have fun with yours, I'm really enjoying mine and having fun with all the little geeky projects to suit it for my needs. Post up your rig!

nice rig, enjoy the Alaskan

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast