Expedition Overland - 2015 Season

Vandy

Adventurer
Lol thanks guys. I talk my wife into watching this with me tonight. We make a nice dinner. Sit down to eat, hit play....and the 1st 5 min was Kurt and clays....issue (won't spoil for those that haven't seen it yet)

Lol. Thanks guys. Another great episode fellas

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Lol thanks guys. I talk my wife into watching this with me tonight. We make a nice dinner. Sit down to eat, hit play....and the 1st 5 min was Kurt and clays....issue (won't spoil for those that haven't seen it yet)

Lol. Thanks guys. Another great episode fellas

Same here... My wife is prego ... made for a short intermission at our place lol

I was a little bummed, 25 minute episode, 10 minutes or so was sickness related. It was still enjoyable, wish we got more action, but I understand why it's split up into short bits. Can't wait till next week Wednesday.

toymaster

Explorer
^^^^^^^ Nope you were not; I was also laughing. It is nice to finally put a face or should I say image to Kurt. :sombrero:

grogie

Like to Camp
Episode three was great. Really makes me jealous... a total guy's trip. The camping spots they've had look awesome!

That was tough about Clay. The hazards of eating out...

Oh yeah, I've had one of my personal videos ripped off too. Someone was going around collecting trailer videos and posting them as their own with no reference to the source/owner. :(

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
I am still a huge fan of the crew and the series but I agree this season seems more about advertising than exploration. I don't hate Toyotas but at the same time I don't want to hear about them for 12 weeks.

Alaska series was top-notch and I am hoping they get some of their mojo back from that season.

piedes

I am still a huge fan of the crew and the series but I agree this season seems more about advertising than exploration. I don't hate Toyotas but at the same time I don't want to hear about them for 12 weeks.

Alaska series was top-notch and I am hoping they get some of their mojo back from that season.

Totally agree with you.

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516

Reminds me of why Gunther Holtorf rebuffed potential sponsors, "Sponsorship was offered but sponsorship is never free of charge." Nevertheless XO is a great show, they've got me hooked.

ExplorerTom

Explorer
Rookie question on nighttime caravan desert driving:
Were all the trucks fully lit up to look better on the camera? I would imagine truck 2 and 3 being fully illuminated would be a bit hectic for truck 1 seeing all those lights in their mirrors, and those trucks would just use headlights and maybe fogs or lower mounted lights? But maybe you want as much illumination as everyone can get?

The rigs in the lead can adjust their mirrors so they aren't getting blinded. If you have a couple lit up baseball fields chasing you, you don't need to look back to see if they are there.

stingray1300

Explorer
Subtle sponsorship shows are one thing, but I guess it's OK to blow your own horn. Baja prowess though, belongs not to just one manufacturer...
This is an ad. A 19 minute ad. I know it's brand specific, but watch long enough to see the Baja segment - Episode #5. Almost makes you feel sorry for everyone else :elkgrin:
https://youtu.be/8tEqwXrqzH4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior