Expedition Overland - 2015 Season

zelseman

Observer
This is the kind of overlanding that I love hearing about. Great episode about guys using their passion to help others, keep it coming!

While I appreciate what you guys are doing and know how much work is put into each episode I feel like its missing something.

I miss the tough off road tracks and the adventure feeling behind it. I hope there is more of this type of stuff to come. I feel like that was part of the attraction to the original series. There was a good mix of challenges with getting the vehicles to certain locations and local culture. The Alaska episodes were awesome. I just want to see more 4x4 action, I know I'm selfish but that is part of the reason I got into this sport to be able to get to places that aren't easily accessible by the average person, but I digress.

WillRunner

Overlander
I've enjoyed all the episodes but this last one I enjoyed the best so far!!! You guys are awesome!!! I was deeply touched on how you guys helped all those people in that village!
Thank you for all you do! :bowdown:

Super Doody

Explorer
Big fan. Found the AK series a few months back and binge watched the entire series. Been watching the new series every wed. It was a great episode and very admirable of T5 and the crews to help out the locals. This episode had a bit of weird juxtaposition between the rural village (no first world amenities i.e ipods, health care, AC, etc.) and the crew having fun at the yoga retreat up the river. Just my thought.

grogie

Like to Camp
This episode had a bit of weird juxtaposition between the rural village (no first world amenities i.e ipods, health care, AC, etc.) and the crew having fun at the yoga retreat up the river. Just my thought.

It's sad that these villagers live like they do. No wonder everyone use to die by the time that they were 45! But I don't think that means that Clay and Co. should have sat around afterwards depressed. They did a great days work, more then any of us actually do to help people. And think of it this way, they were helping out a local business and providing jobs at that retreat. Tourism has got to be important as well for the locals.

Again I enjoyed the show. Amazing that this is not on network TV. The editing is beautifully done.

While I appreciate what you guys are doing and know how much work is put into each episode I feel like its missing something.

I miss the tough off road tracks and the adventure feeling behind it. I hope there is more of this type of stuff to come. I feel like that was part of the attraction to the original series. There was a good mix of challenges with getting the vehicles to certain locations and local culture. The Alaska episodes were awesome. I just want to see more 4x4 action, I know I'm selfish but that is part of the reason I got into this sport to be able to get to places that aren't easily accessible by the average person, but I digress.

^ agree with this. seems like a road trip that could have been done in a honda element

Pinstripe

Adventurer

x3.

I will say however that the production of this episode was the best thus far this season.

GREENI

Adventurer
Just watched it here... Mrs Greeni has insisted I.... 'tell Kurt that these (episodes) need to be a lot longer'!!!!
Tick. Done that.

Amazing episode, though I couldn't watch the dentist. Being British, I'm scared of dentists and hence my teeth are like a 'tarmacers rake'.
(As above, I miss the 'rolling on the trail' footage, but heck... It's still good!).

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
^ agree with this. seems like a road trip that could have been done in a honda element

Welcome to overlanding. Everyone has their own definition, I'll leave it at that. For some it's towing a trailer along the White Rim Trail, for others it is going to an improved campground with bathrooms and showers so long as you have a roof-top-tent and a fridge ;)

For those that miss the tough 4x4 routes... so do I, but have you personally traveled in Central America? If you want to go south to north or north to south, you have limited options and short of private property and short detours, challenging routes simply don't exist. And we knew that going into the trip, that wasn't the intent. We had the vehicles and equipment to conquer those instances that did dictate their need, i.e. overlanding.

Just watched it here... Mrs Greeni has insisted I.... 'tell Kurt that these (episodes) need to be a lot longer'!!!!
Tick. Done that.

I'll pass that on. :D

Amazing episode, though I couldn't watch the dentist. Being British, I'm scared of dentists and hence my teeth are like a 'tarmacers rake'.
(As above, I miss the 'rolling on the trail' footage, but heck... It's still good!).

Now that is funny!

Hi Kurt,

thanks for replying on why there aren't as many tough off road tracks, makes sense
. I know it takes a lot to just plan the route with minimal risk to people and equipment but a little more 4wd action would be nice. What you guys are doing is pretty amazing in itself but it just feels like the adventure part is missing.

By the way I just moved to Utah and was at your customer appreciation BBQ and have purchased several things through your shop. I haven't dealt much with you directly but have had a really good experience with Bryce. Keep up the the good work you guys have top notch customer service.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Great episode gents,

Awesome your helping and blessing others.

Love the fact you all seem humble....:victory:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...thanks for replying on why there aren't as many tough off road tracks, makes sense
. I know it takes a lot to just plan the route with minimal risk to people and equipment but a little more 4wd action would be nice...

Stay tuned!

...By the way I just moved to Utah and was at your customer appreciation BBQ and have purchased several things through your shop. I haven't dealt much with you directly but have had a really good experience with Bryce. Keep up the the good work you guys have top notch customer service.

Sweet. Thanks for that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles