Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of cloth to match the adventure motorcycles ?

Default What kind of cloth to match the adventure motorcycles ?

Driving by adventure motorcycles is cool and convinent,so i need one kind of cloth that can waterproof,ventilate,etc.So how do u choose?Give me some suggestions,thanks!

I use heavier material hiking rain jackets and pants for rain gear. Heavier than the ultra light stuff that just tear in the wind. In warm weather I don't bother with rain gear. I just get wet.
    2017 Ford F250
    '02 Honda CRF450r,
    '04 Ford Mach1
    '12 Suzuki DRZ400S
    '12 Ducati Panigale 1199S

My AeroStich Darien 2 piece has been great so far. Get something with Gortex though whatever you get

I use a mesh Joe Rocket jacked and when it rains I use a vinyl Coleman rain suite from Wal Mart.

How deep is your wallet and how extreme are your temperature swings? The Klim gear and similar from Dainese, Rev'It, etc. are very nice, but the suits are too expensive for many at well over $1000. My First Gear Kathmandu suit has been good in a variety of Alaskan weather, and was a little less money then the full-on upper end outfits. When I lived in Florida, my go to was a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and some Frogs Toggs rain gear. The rain gear only came out for a heavy down pour. With a light rain I'd be dry 15 minutes after it stopped.

Mike
    -2013 JKU Sahara, Commando Green - 3" Franken Lift w/ Fox 2.0 Res shocks - 36x13.50 17 Irok Bias Ply on Cragar D Window Rims - Check out my Jeep Blog at Sand, Mud, and Rocks Off Road http://www.smroffroad.com
    -2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Granturismo

Expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by ellasmoth View Post
    Expensive?
    I'm not sure what you are asking?

Mike
    -2013 JKU Sahara, Commando Green - 3" Franken Lift w/ Fox 2.0 Res shocks - 36x13.50 17 Irok Bias Ply on Cragar D Window Rims - Check out my Jeep Blog at Sand, Mud, and Rocks Off Road http://www.smroffroad.com
    -2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Granturismo

YES - EXPENSIVE!!
    "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but can you pick your friends' noses?"

1994 4x4 Chev 1.5 ton flatbed, 6.5 turbo diesel, 90 gal. fuel tanks, Ranch Hand bumper, tool boxes, extra lights, neutron collider, etc. etc.

1997 Toyota CE Land Cruiser, lifted and built, etc. etc.

1994 Chinook 4x4 on Ford E-350 Dana 60s, 460, E4OD

2010 BMW 1200GS with luggage, led lights, air horns

For what it is worth. Klim is light years above stuff like Revit. BMW gear is excellent. Klim is better. Revit is ok. First gear works if that is what you can afford. I prefer gore tex outer shell material. Downside is that it does not breath as well as gore tex liner stuff in the warm. Good side is that the whole unit stays dry. The liner units outer shell absorbs unreasonable amounts of water. If money is an issue I would wait and buy used Klim gear before ever buying revit or first gear.
    Yes I have owned and worn all of these. YMMV
    Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, The moment one commits, then Providence moves too. Things occur to help that no one could have dreamed would have come their way. Whatever you dream , begin it. Boldness has power, and magic in it. Begin it now

Default What kind of cloth to match the adventure motorcycles ?

Aerostitch only for me !!
    I have almost 250,000 miles on a 12 year old Darien and it's still works as good as new !!.
    You get what you pay for with riding gear !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast