Gnarvan AWD Express build.

TeleSteve

Adventurer
Oh crap, I dint think about that. I just got 1" body pucks.

So if I want to lift the van 1" I need 1 3/4" blocks? Maybe TELESTEVE can clarify.
Sorry for the late response, Herbie is spot on (as usual) the pucks are used with the factory body mount bushings.

WeeBrain

TeleSteve, are you planning on cutting your doors to add windows? I'm thinking something along the same lines just figuring out how to go about it.

TeleSteve

Adventurer
TeleSteve, are you planning on cutting your doors to add windows? I'm thinking something along the same lines just figuring out how to go about it.
I have considered it. I actually picked up two side doors with windows to swap on, but have yet to dive into it. In the winters, I actually prefer not having the extra windows to deal with freezing condensation on.
Aside from swapping on window doors, I think the easiest way to get factory windows would be to change door skins. I am not fan of the look of the aftermarket window options, but the install would be simple.

WeeBrain

I have considered it. I actually picked up two side doors with windows to swap on, but have yet to dive into it. In the winters, I actually prefer not having the extra windows to deal with freezing condensation on.
Aside from swapping on window doors, I think the easiest way to get factory windows would be to change door skins. I am not fan of the look of the aftermarket window options, but the install would be simple.

Agreed. I tried finding Black barn doors for the side on some salvage parts sites and if I do luck out and fine one, they want like $500 for the door. I guess my next move is to check some of the U-pull-it yards and hope for the best. I can find the pop out side windows all day for $100 so I was contemplating cutting the door skin and installing factory windows but I'm not sure if the stamp is different for the solid and window doors.

TeleSteve

Adventurer
Agreed. I tried finding Black barn doors for the side on some salvage parts sites and if I do luck out and fine one, they want like $500 for the door. I guess my next move is to check some of the U-pull-it yards and hope for the best. I can find the pop out side windows all day for $100 so I was contemplating cutting the door skin and installing factory windows but I'm not sure if the stamp is different for the solid and window doors.
The door skins are different. The skins for the windows have an indention so the window sits flush. If you just cutout the solid door the glass will stick out from the door.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
@Herbie how did you make those brackets? I want to make this for my AWD express

I did not make them, they were part of the Overland Vans 4-5" AWD Lift Kit. It looks like their site is "half-dead" now, as the product pages no longer work, so I suspect those brackets aren't available any more. That said, the good news is that (on Astro/Safaris, at least) you can also relocate the factory bumper mounts upwards using a much simpler plate bracket like Journey's Offroad sells: https://www.journeysoffroad.com/store/p54/AS-BRC.html

Something like that might also work on the FS vans, but I haven't been close enough to the bumper innards to be sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94