Looking for Chevy Astro swivel seat base

Johny5

Adventurer
I'm in the middle of a 4x4 conversion on my express van. When I get that done I can work on seat swivels

mapper

Explorer
The Astro community sorely needs a good, available swivel option. I keep hoping something will come to fruition but it never seems to. There are a good number of people using these vans for camping/exploration now. I'll remain optimistic.

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
John (Johny5) built a swivel base for us. I posted it in other threads, but I guess this one deserves post as well.

Design is simple, but works well and we are really satisfied. ;)

Swivel base is same height as original seat base and is bolt-on solution - doesn't require any reallocation of bolts etc.

yyjzGtU.jpg

ZSanmxz.jpg

z4Gxk38.jpg

bunce1260

Observer
I'm sure you could sell a stack of these if you were to do a production run. I'd be in for 1. Maybe even 2 if I could rethink my interior layout.

Johny5

Adventurer
I can make up a bunch in the new year if there is a demand . For astro safari vans I need the seat track or you will need to cut yours off the seat base and have them welded to the swivel if your not local

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Does anyone use a swivel base on the driver's seat as well?
I am interested in one or possibly two.

I do not, but be advised that the swivel style shown in post #20 of this thread (built by Johnny5) will not work on the driver's side in later van years without alteration. I know my 2003, and I believe all of those with an electronic transfer case, has a pair of control units mounted under the driver's seat. You will not be able to go quite so flush to the floor if you want a swivel on that side. You can probably use the method I built for my swivel with a set of (short) mounting feet and then a swivel plate above that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94