My new/old bike

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
IMG_3890.jpg
1989 R100GS

I have lusted after a Bumble Bee since I first got into dualsporting six years ago. Actually since I first started riding six years ago. I finally found one in excellent condition and jumped on it. It took over a month to pry it out of the PO's hands. He has a fetish for making things perfect. I had no complaints. The bike is a jewel with less than 30,000 miles on it. It spent nearly 12 years in dry storage and was then pretty much restored to like new condition.

My first ride was from the streets of Seattle 350 miles east on highway 2 to my home north of Spokane. True love! This is by far the most fun bike I've ever ridden and compares very favorably with newer DS bikes. The only thing I've replaced was the original seat. After that long first ride my butt was sore. I've replaced it with the used Corbin shown in the photo. Heavenly.

I ride it every chance I get. The new TKC70's match my needs perfectly; 70/30 street/gravel. Highly recommended. The whole bike just feels right. What more can I say?

The prices for these R100GS' are going up fast as more people realize just how much fun they are. Glad I got mine when I did. I'll be passing this one down to my kids some day. It's that good.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
Awesome looking bike. I'd like to take a flyer on an R80GS someday. Just need to rob a bank and build a bigger garage.

mporter

Observer
Congratulations!

r100gs.jpggreat bike! I bought my first GS in 89 and rode it full time for 11 years. All across the US, Canada, Alaska, Baja, mainland Mexico, absolutely loved it. Biggest mistake I ever made was selling it. After many years of searching I found one and I use it as a time machine to remember my youth.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Still having fun with this bike. I picked up an original mini-wind fairing and hand guards for it. Once I get them painted they will be mounted. Will also be installing a new Garmin powered mount for my Montana GPS, along with a voltmeter and a couple USB ports. I found a set of slightly used Wolfman Expedition bags to replace the OEM plastic panniers. Praying that they will fit up O.K. using Wolfman's universal mounts. I called and emailed Wolfman twice now and still haven't heard back from them???

Buzz 1_edited-1.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Beautiful bike! These babies sure are fun!

View attachment 292056great bike! I bought my first GS in 89 and rode it full time for 11 years. All across the US, Canada, Alaska, Baja, mainland Mexico, absolutely loved it. Biggest mistake I ever made was selling it. After many years of searching I found one and I use it as a time machine to remember my youth.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
The full stable

The full stable. Can't say which one is more fun as I love them both. Finally did finish farkling up Buzz the Bumble Bee. His buddy in the garage is Precious, my '13 DL650/DMC hack.

Buzz.jpg

Precious.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94