E.J.'s Dirty Nismo 2005 Frontier CC Build Thread/Journal

E.J.

Explorer
Thanks man, I see why folks say they are worth the wait they sometimes take. The reverse lights are tapped into the passenger side light, I might try and put them on a switch down the road but vehicle wiring isn't my favorite thing in the world.

bijanjames

Adventurer
View attachment 381610
Got the Shrockworks bumper in and mounted up, the quality is awesome. I was given a 3 month eta but it showed up in 5 weeks. Looks so nice I might have to do some bodywork. Everything bolted up nice and easy. I replaced my stock trailer plug a couple of months ago and the new one's holes didn't line up with the holes in the bumper so I whipped up a quick adapter/spacer out for some hdpe I had lying around.

Very nice!

E.J.

Explorer
IMG_20170302_191321235.jpg
Ticked over 150k about a month ago so it's time for some high mileage maintenance. Changed the plugs last night, pretty sure the old ones were the originals. Managed to do it without pulling off the intake manifold, not horrible but I did come up with some new swear words. Pretty sure I could do it again in half the time. Managed to crack one of the coil boots but found a replacement at Nappa.

I've been getting the passenger side cat code on and off for a while now and have a set of primary cats sitting on the bench waiting to go in. There goes the winch budget again.

E.J.

Explorer
Shrock rear bumper: 1
90's Mercury Sable: 0
POS 90's Sable pilot hitting & running: -100

Dude tapped me pretty good while I'm sitting at a red light. I motioned to pull into a gas station on the other side of the intersection, pulled into there and guy keeps rolling down the road. I chased him down and got his tag before pulling over to check for damage, just some flakes of white paint from his hood on my receiver. I contemplated calling it in but figured dude has enough problems as is and just added a little bad karma.

justbecause

perpetually lost
View attachment 389303
Ticked over 150k about a month ago so it's time for some high mileage maintenance. Changed the plugs last night, pretty sure the old ones were the originals. Managed to do it without pulling off the intake manifold, not horrible but I did come up with some new swear words. Pretty sure I could do it again in half the time. Managed to crack one of the coil boots but found a replacement at Nappa.

I've been getting the passenger side cat code on and off for a while now and have a set of primary cats sitting on the bench waiting to go in. There goes the winch budget again.

I read every write up I could find and decided to tackle spark plugs myself. I started with the recognized hardest plug first to be safe. After 2 hours I put everything back together, and took it to a shop. I had a few wobbles, extension, etc, I dont know how yall do it without removing the intake.

E.J.

Explorer
Took some inspiration from WreckDriver and mounted my shovel to the hilift.
IMG_20170314_213244777.jpg
IMG_20170314_213415782.jpg
Mostly unistrut hardware and a couple of fancy knobs so folks recognize this as an overland vehicle. This was quite a puzzle to mount these tools and clear the softopper frame.
Talking about unistrut I bolted a couple of pieces to the bed...
IMG_20170315_151450207.jpg
To make a sturdy mount for an ammo can...
IMG_20170315_152148694_HDR.jpg
That's storing the winch attachments for the hilift and a 20' log chain. It's mounted right up against the tailgate so it can only be opened with the tailgate down.
Next up I've got a Pelican 1550 on the way I'm going to use as a tool box, the plan is to mount it on the other side of the bed.

Last edited:

E.J.

Explorer
IMG_20170322_131742237.jpg
IMG_20170322_131751905_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170322_132913038.jpg
IMG_20170322_133025347.jpg

Picked up a used Pelican 1560 off of ebay and whipped up a mount for it out of superstrut (I love that stuff!). I can access it without climbing up into the bed which was a problem with my old truck box style tool box. Going to have to mess with the load plan a little, might rig up something to store my straps in the lid. I've got it strapped down and cable locked for now but I may bolt it to the strut channel if I don't find myself removing it from the bed very often. Yes my bed is filthy.

MNCarl

The Moose
Nice I like the Pelican box ...."used' is definitely the way to , I have been looking for something similar and holy cow those thing are expensive "new".
I have looking at some Plano brand ones....A little less expensive.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Used Pelican 1560s seem to be the sweet spot. Ive gotten like 4 of them on ebay for like 50 bucks each. Truck progress looks great man.

E.J.

Explorer
Thanks guys. Got a few more weeks until an actual trip, heading into Texas second weekend in April. It'll be my second trip this year and hopefully I'll stop and take enough pics and stuff to do a report this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles