Rollercam straps

Kilroy

Adventurer
No loops

They still haven't come out with the looped straps. Had read this back in June and was hoping I would find them. Guess wife will have to get out her sewing machine.

Eddie.

They still haven't come out with the looped straps. Had read this back in June and was hoping I would find them. Guess wife will have to get out her sewing machine.

Old post I know, but in case anyone was still looking NRS offers them now, as does strapworks.

http://www.strapworks.com/ProductDe...f-W-_SBHclarJ4AXPJcp9yQWIQlfWQZMbMaApmK8P8HAQ

LSCB112H-2T.jpg

http://www.nrs.com/product/1444/nrs-1-loop-straps

1444_010506_1000x1000_2.jpg

Eddie.

I doubt this has anything to do with a patent or licensing as there have been loop straps available as long as I can remember. Nite Ize used to make a nice set as well.

bluejeep

just a guy
Interesting that if you look at large image from cascade river the buckle clearly shows the rollercam name. Also the website rollercam.com is active again by someone called Dark Canyon and the buckle is identical. Rollercam.com does not offer the looped end. Dark Canyon does claim ownership of the rollercam buckle patent. The patent fee has been paid regularly by someone.
https://www.google.com/patents/US6877189

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I hoarded a bunch and find them incredibly useful for a variety of applications. IMHO: Don't bother with non-Rollercam style buckle straps. They're that good!

But good on you Hillbilly Heaven for your post and update!

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Okay someone enlighten me here. I am in the market for new straps for some pelican cases on the roof rack.

Does the roller allow more leverage to crank on the strap? Can you get these as tight as a ratchet strap for keeping stuff in place? I am not talking gorilla tight, just enough tension to keep things from moving. I have not been impressed with cam straps in the past, they never got tight enough for me to trust them off road.

I am wanting loop ends, I love the simplicity of these, but not wanting to order them up just to find that they don't crank down like a good ol' ratchet strap. I like zero movement once my gear is lashed down. Mostly washboard roads and highways speeds, but still movement is no good.

How does the roller provide advantage?

bluejeep

just a guy
Okay someone enlighten me here. I am in the market for new straps for some pelican cases on the roof rack.

Does the roller allow more leverage to crank on the strap? Can you get these as tight as a ratchet strap for keeping stuff in place? I am not talking gorilla tight, just enough tension to keep things from moving. I have not been impressed with cam straps in the past, they never got tight enough for me to trust them off road.

I am wanting loop ends, I love the simplicity of these, but not wanting to order them up just to find that they don't crank down like a good ol' ratchet strap. I like zero movement once my gear is lashed down. Mostly washboard roads and highways speeds, but still movement is no good.

I don't know why they work (the roller is claimed to be the answer,) but I do know they work

This should be useful in your decision, from the Winter 2012 edition of the Overland Journal. They tested Rollercams, Stratchits from Front Runner, Quickie Tie-Down USA, Black+Gray CamSure, US Cargo Control Ratchet Straps, Mastercraft Safety Cam and Ratchet Straps.

The only one that did not allow the movement of the load was..........RollerCam

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5a.jpg6a.jpg7a.jpg

cascaderivergear.com has them with the looped ends

spressomon

Expedition Leader

Rollercam straps are not capable of getting quite the same degree of "tightness" as an equivelent grade ratchet strap. But Rollercam straps are significantly easier to deal with and provide more than adequate tension/tightening for all the loads I deal with inside and outside my UZJ100 and/or TT trailer. Once you use one, you will order more ;).

krick3tt

Adventurer
I do have ratchet straps but seldom use them for soft items like equipment bags or the OZ tent.
I use 3/8 inch rubber rope, the same type used on highway travel semi rigs. Stays tight and you can put on the end anything you like, hook or ring to make them a loop end type strap.
I have a Front Runner RR and use the ring type attachments like they sell although I get them from a local industrial store for 1/3 the price.
Haven't had anything move or fall off even on the bumpiest roads or going down the highway. There is a stretch to the rope that removes any slack.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Thanks Blue Jeep, and Spresso' if you run them, I'll buy them. Been following your builds for quite a while.

Ordering a few now.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Rollercam straps are not capable of getting quite the same degree of "tightness" as an equivelent grade ratchet strap. But Rollercam straps are significantly easier to deal with and provide more than adequate tension/tightening for all the loads I deal with inside and outside my UZJ100 and/or TT trailer. Once you use one, you will order more ;).

ditto have fake roller ones :)
I prefer the roller over ratchet
only time I like ratchet is maybe carrying wood or something :)

Superduty

Adventurer
You guys have piqued my interest in these roller cams. I am trying decide which ones to get.

Cascade River Gear has nylon or polypro versions. What are the pros and cons? Confirm that the rollercam straps from Cascade do indeed have a sewn loop on each end?

http://cascaderivergear.com/shop/6-roller-cam-1-polypro-cam-strap/ Polypro

http://cascaderivergear.com/shop/4-roller-cam-1-nylon-cam-strap/ Nylon

Then I looked at Rollerstrap.com and their prices are considerably less than Cascade. Do their straps have two loops? I don't see one rolled out on the site.

http://www.rollercam.com/shop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles