97' T100 Traveler Build

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Headed to Denver tomorrow for my topper sliding window reseal. Today I got the hinges on and carpeted 1 side so far, Success! Will also be running to the fabric store to try and find something that I use to block-out my rear topper windows for sleeping and prying eyes.

EDITED:

Well my mind was just blown by ARCLIGHT and his build for the FLIPPAC curtain idea. Ordering 1/4" Shock cord 50ft, Bungee locking hooks 16 at least, Nylon deck loops 16 at least and hitting the fabric store for some curtain material. Thinking black of course, something with a good thickness so is not too see thru. Will help with keeping heat down in the bed as well. Need to measure for all my windows on the topper of course.

Should work out with the top and bottom running across this will keep the curtains in place and also allow for them to slide for light as well. Genius!

Thanks again ARCLIGHT for the great tips on progressing my build to something I had never thought of!

Last edited:

Arclight

SAR guy
Thinking I will need a second battery by next summwr for the additions I'm wanting to make.

I have been able to get away so far with just one battery. But I highly recommend upgrading the stock alternator. It only puts out 70 Amps, which is enough to run the stock accessories (lights and A/C) but not a lot else. I really like the Mean Green alternator I installed. Their customer service and warranty is also hard to beat:

http://mean-green.com/ALTERNATORS.html

They aren't cheap, but they have a nice 140A model that drops right in without any modifications.

Arclight

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
So got my topper worked on today, after check their work the topper was leaking as it wasn't before. They fixed this while also re-sealing my front sliding window. After driving 70 miles back to my house in a monsoon. Checking for any leaks, I have found that the slider window is still letting water in. I cannot afford to destroy my newly build platform. Bahhhh, going to let it dry out and see what happens. Hopefully it is from when they took the topper back off and may have got wet that way.

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Also it does look like the hooks and bungee will not work as my topper is not thick enough to screw anything into it.

Last edited:

Arclight

SAR guy
Also it does look like the hooks and bungee will not work as my topper is not thick enough to screw anything into it.

You could instead pop-rivet the eyes to a small piece of Aluminum and then attach that to the shell with high-quality Epoxy. Or just epoxy some steel strips in and use magnets to attach the curtains. I was able to rivet/screw the hardware to my shell only because there is a double section of fiberglass in the back of the Flippac that isn't part of the outside shell.

Don't forget that you can also take some screws out of the window frames and use those to bolt things to.

Arclight

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Well I'm noticing the window missing 2 screws now! The wiring along the frame was not zip tied to anytging. Called the shop and they told me to bring it back in next wednesday morning. If they would finance a new topper I would buy a LEER 122.

EDIT: So I found 1 of the screw, broke the head off when he reinstalled the window. Not telling me about it, this makes me mad.

Last edited:

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
IMG_20150712_1407101.jpg

Seats and console look to be in great condition, selling is looking to get $300 for it. I feel that is pretty high even for a rare set up like this. Thoughts on a offer towards this guys wanted price?

Arclight

SAR guy
That's less than a reupholster job on your current bench seat, so it doesn't sounds too bad. Maybe try to get him down to $250? It's a somewhat rare item, but that also means your seller may have to sit on it a while to find another buyer.

Arclight

dman93

Adventurer
California prices are higher than elsewhere, but if those seats were local and in my color I'd snap 'em up for $300, assuming foam and structure are good. By the way, I am seeing more and more T's running around. Went for a 3 hour bike ride the other day and saw at least 7. Prices seem to be going up too, at least asking ... there are a couple over $7K on CL locally. There's also a 454 powered 2wd though getting it slogged here may be tough.

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Yes dman93, I have noticed at least 20 for sale in my area within 100 miles. I'm really liking my purchase, some of the trucks I have seen for sale has a cleaner paint job and matching color topper. Although 200k miles on there odo.. Mine was 120k when I bought it for 7k.

dman93

Adventurer
I saw a blue one with FlipPac being parted out on Denver CL (in Castle Rock). It even has bucket seats in the right color and the ad says they're in very good condition but I expect shipping is prohibitive. I'll just be patient ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior