97' T100 Traveler Build

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Just starting my build for my new to me 1997 Toyota T100. It is a Extend Cab, 5 Speed, 3.4 V6 engine with 155k, 265/75R16 BFG KO's keep me rolling. Just installed my new timing belt/ water pump at 150k. LEER XL100 got new glass window (not cheap). Building my bed kit today and will have pictures up in a couple days. Looking to progress the suspension and aproach angle with a ball joint lift and 255/85r16 tires as some point. Would like yo build for a mild travel truck with sliders and bumpers at some point. Thanks for looking!

Keep on the trail and Stay Dirty!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I love the T100's. Not rare but not that often seen. They were nice little trucks while they were made....I'll be interested to see what they are worth in another 15-20 years.

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Yep, i love the Tacoma platform but just over priced as hell. Found this for 7k with 120k miles. Some small body damage but all around a goo purchase. All stock, meaning to remove mud flaps, bed plastics to seal my topper along with a tail gate seal.

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Got the new seal in the mail box the other day, time to peel off the topper and get this party started. Will be cutting the bed side covers down. This will help with keeping a flush mount to the topper and bed. Just laid some of the wood out this afternoon to get an idea going on how tall it could be.

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
of course will be cutting down the 2x10's for a plush fit in the cab. The ability to pull one side of the or the other out for a bigger single camping situation will be optimal for sure. Either box can be opened by lifting towards the side windows for a ton of storage.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
I had one for 17 years. Just gave it up last year to join the 1st-gen Tundra revolution. It felt like putting an old dog down.

Kind of wish I had just kept it but I'm out of parking spots...

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
got my topper off with 2 people and some struggling, not the lightest piece on the truck. Installed the new seal after some cleaning, has 2 different layers on it. Some terrible junk that has been used forever on the old tundra I had bought it from. Also build my sleeping platform, I'm sad to say that the plywood I had cut to fit was somewhat off. They stated that it would not be perfect from the lumber yard and could be off in measurement by an 1/2".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior