G55 Build

kotton

For what it's worth, I used a G55 tranny cooler mount to relocate my cooler to fit the bumper that CBI Offroad Fab made me. This was a custom build that I'm sure they could adapt for you and tweak it to your liking. They have done several projects for me and I have been very happy with them and especially this project.

a1bb37fe257896d6e9c72bb170bf1fe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the best front bumper I've seen for the G so far :drool:

otiswesty

Regular guy
Nice, I miss it there the first couple of days I visit. Lots of family in LA and Santa Barbara.

Tons of good finds on LA craigslist too if you are ever looking for spare parts.

The truck looks awesome!

jacksond

Hi Asutherl,
I am looking to install a light bar to my roof rack very similar to how you did. Could you please provide me with some instructions on how you did yours? The wiring is the main thing I'm concerned about. The more info, the better.
Thank you!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Hi Asutherl,
I am looking to install a light bar to my roof rack very similar to how you did. Could you please provide me with some instructions on how you did yours? The wiring is the main thing I'm concerned about. The more info, the better.
Thank you!

Unsure how he did his, but on mine, we routed wiring to the back, down the VTS/G-Wagen Accessories ladder, under the rig towards the front of the rig, then up through the hole in the main battery box (in the floor, between the front and rear seats). We sealed the hole around the wiring with silicone.

jacksond

Unsure how he did his, but on mine, we routed wiring to the back, down the VTS/G-Wagen Accessories ladder, under the rig towards the front of the rig, then up through the hole in the main battery box (in the floor, between the front and rear seats). We sealed the hole around the wiring with silicone.

Just got my light bar in today, going to try to get it on later this weekend! Thank you!!

asutherl

Observer
tinkered on the truck a bit...no more running boards and trimmed/painted the exhaust....it needs a proper front bumper!

thinking about selling it....

g12.jpg

asutherl

Observer
Hi Asutherl,
Thank you!

I routed it down the ladder, around the pass side tail light and between the bumper and body. Mine is wired into space where the factory CD changer usually sits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles