The Campulance

Outback

Explorer
campulance II (2).jpgThe Campulance is a 1985 GMC K30 Dually ex Ambulance. She has a 454 V8, Turbo400 Trans, NP205 Tcase, Dana 60 front axle and a Dana 70 rear axle. She had 14,131 Original miles on her when I picked her up. Even the axles still have the original factory paint on them. The interior is new but dirty. NO cracks on the dash or anything like that.

Last edited:

Outback

Explorer
Since most of the rear has been gutted I will complete that job and rebuild the inside to my specifications.

Outback

Explorer
For some reason no matter what I do these pictures will not come out right side up. It only happens on this forum. Very aggravating to say the least. So if you want I will post them but I cant fix them. On my computer there up right. If I turn the and save they are still wrong when down loaded. Uhhhg!

Outback

Explorer
Here you go. As I found her.1.jpg

Inside 1st day. She is registered and insured. Started work on the rear bulk head that the seat was against. I now can push the seat ALL THE WAY back! Made for skinny short people I guess....... Will get a pic of the finished job later.1a1.jpg

Hood all nice and rubbed out not to mention 3 coats of wax. Figured out after all the work the hood was painted a semi Gloss orange to keep down the reflection of the emergency lights. All of the stains are now gone though.7.jpg

Last edited:

Outback

Explorer
More pictures:10.jpgAll of the stickers are off now. These were taken before I removed them all. The glue residue is about all off as well. Will have more pictures as I finish her up. Had a snag with the carb. Need to rebuild her as she is full of crud. 6.jpg4.jpg5.jpg8.jpg9.jpgWorking on the drivers seat bulkhead. I've since finished and now can push the seat all of the way back.3.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:

Outback

Explorer
She has 235/85R16 Goodyear ATs. Im looking at 315/75R16 BFGoodrich KO2 T/As. Also looking at set Rancho RS9000 shocks for now.

Last edited:
upsidedown1_zps22775d98.gif

righty_zpsde7eda6a.gif

Sorry had too, lol

Outback

Explorer
I've started laying out the rear sleep/living section of the Campulance. Sink, stove, bed, toilet, sleeping area etc. etc. are being drawn up as I have the time. Found my on board generator I am going to use. 3,500 watt unit with a 4,500 start up. Genuine Honda set up so quality is high. More on that later.

Outback

Explorer
I took the rig in and had her detailed. All of the outside stickers have been removed. Ive also rebuilt the Carb and finished the cab work to get the drivers seat to go all the way back. The carb ust had some varnish from sitting so long. She runs great and now has 15,761 original miles on the odometer to date. The wife flew up to Alaska and we took the Campulance out for a 4 day run down the coast. What a blast we had! In bear country its nice sleeping in something that would take a bear awhile to get into. Phase II will be to install: Bilstien Shocks, 315/85R16 BFG AT KO2 tires (6), Bushwacker flares on the front fenders and to have the front end aligned. She drives real nice and my wife enjoyed driving her. A reverse camera is on my list as well.

Last edited:

Outback

Explorer
UPDATE:

Today I ordered my Bilstein 5125 shocks. I also ordered the front shock extension mounts. This will allow me to install longer shocks. This will allow the front axle to articulate fully with no hindrance (along with front sway bar disconnect kit). I will post pictures of the modification. Heres the catalog page. http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/shocks.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz