Sierra All-arounder build: 99 XJ

cleanEG

Observer
How's the brake upgrade so far? I'm looking at picking up a set of the BlackMagic rotors/pads myself. Nice rig!

abodyjoe

very cool build.. a friend sent me a like to this because its much like the end result i'm looking for with my build... i'll be keeping an eye on this thread...

you like the 4:10 gears with those tires? i've been undecided between the 4:40 and a 4:56.

i use mine much the same way as you do.. its basically a family trail rig that i use as a DD in the snow and i occasionally get out with a few friends that like the mud and water.

mine is a 2000 cherokee 2 door..

put a 3.5" RE super ride lift on it
RE adjustable track bar
ZJ steering upgrade
265/75-16 duratracs on stock style wheels
roof rack that if i never put anything on is at least a great handle when stuck in the mud/water to make my way around the back..lol
jcr winch bumper and warn zeon 8 that i still have to put on.. need some nice weather first..
freshened up the cooling system
replaced the front axle u-joints and hub bearings.

future upgrades that i'd like to do are:

regear... 4:10 or 4:56
some kind of front and rear selectable lockers
SYE
sway bar disconnects
Boostwerks linkage
raise the air intake.. thinking about piping it to the cowl but a snorkel isn't out of the question though i'm not too sure about cutting my fender..
injector upgrade
and probably a few other things i can't think of right now..

DSC_0118.JPGDSC_0224.JPG4-30-15 (3).jpgDSC_0137.jpg

Last edited:

ADTR14

Observer
Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. Just been using the jeep without any real big upgrades. Its got 250K on the clock so there are some maintenance items that need to be addressed. Another project is coming along nicely to add in addition to the XJ...pics soon.

Great looking rig. I can't believe you found some ARB's in a pick n pull! What were they in if you remember?

They were out of a '76 Cherokee Chief

How's the brake upgrade so far? I'm looking at picking up a set of the BlackMagic rotors/pads myself. Nice rig!

Its been a great upgrade, definitely an improvement, but I'd like better stopping power. So a larger front set up or an upgrade from the rear drums may be in order.

very cool build.. a friend sent me a like to this because its much like the end result i'm looking for with my build... i'll be keeping an eye on this thread...

you like the 4:10 gears with those tires? i've been undecided between the 4:40 and a 4:56.

i use mine much the same way as you do.. its basically a family trail rig that i use as a DD in the snow and i occasionally get out with a few friends that like the mud and water.

mine is a 2000 cherokee 2 door..

put a 3.5" RE super ride lift on it
RE adjustable track bar
ZJ steering upgrade
265/75-16 duratracs on stock style wheels
roof rack that if i never put anything on is at least a great handle when stuck in the mud/water to make my way around the back..lol
jcr winch bumper and warn zeon 8 that i still have to put on.. need some nice weather first..
freshened up the cooling system
replaced the front axle u-joints and hub bearings.

future upgrades that i'd like to do are:

regear... 4:10 or 4:56
some kind of front and rear selectable lockers
SYE
sway bar disconnects
Boostwerks linkage
raise the air intake.. thinking about piping it to the cowl but a snorkel isn't out of the question though i'm not too sure about cutting my fender..
injector upgrade
and probably a few other things i can't think of right now..

The 4.10s seem to do well for a DD with the 265's. I am considering going up one size for tires, but in reality it'd be more for looks than any real gain in performance for what I do.

ADTR14

Observer
The basics:

'86 Chevy stepside bed w/ fenders removed
2x4 frame w/ stock bed crossmembers and a lock n roll hitch
OME XJ leaves with 2 removed, sprung under
Napa shocks (not sure what theyre off of) 11" compressed 17" extended
American racing Baja wheels 16x8 w/ General Grabber 265's
3500lb Dexter axle w/ electric brakes

Add ons:

Yakima kayak racks

I have all the stuff to get it wired sometime in the near future and have just "partially" mounted the fenders. They are bolted to the body but I will be adding some integrated steps that will beef them up a bit. Jeep also got wired for the trailer brakes, I'll get a few pics of that tomorrow. Then its just a natter of a rack set-up on the tongue for gas cans etc and a few other odds and ends. Lastly paint!

Attachments

• IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4940.jpg
    IMG_4940.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3494.jpg
    IMG_3494.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 8

ADTR14

Observer
Fenders are now mounted and the steps front and rear are almost done. Just going to add a support that goes from the steps directly to the frame for some needed strength. Once that's done the trailer should be ready to be wired, then a few odds and ends before paint!

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg