Bringing Sexy Back. AKA 93' LWB RRC

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Installed a media player in it. Its shorter then a standard CD player and has Bluetooth. I just need an amplifier for the stock subwoofer and it'll be as good as new.
2a7eb2afbfda60f85f81b5c9ec2154a2.jpg

DividingCreek

Explorer
When it fails you can't move your seat. In my case the seat switch was moving the mirrors. There's a battery that leaks over time and the acid eats up the traces on the boards. The battery replacement is covered on the web several places. Its a good idea to replace it before it goes.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
sounds like I'll be pulling the seat CPU soon. Can I just delete the battery all together, will it work without the battery? I would just like to kill any chance of that happening. I'm the only one that will be driving it. My wife will only drive the lifted locked Disco. She's funny.

luckyjoe

Adventurer
Several sources for that battery have dried-up. I found one with a 10pc minimum ($8.95/each), and have also been told you can bring it to a Batteries Plus store and they'll build you one for ~$10 (some stores do repair work and could likely do the desolder/solder work for you).

I'm in a similar boat - all original 1995 (time-capsule) LWB with fully functioning seat memory ecu - I need to swap the battery before it's too late!

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Fixed the AC and converted to 134a. I vacuumed out the system and then filled it up. Ice cold AC now.

Abel Villesca

Explorer
Excellent! I just did the same while replacing my heater core. Glad to have that job behind me, and really enjoying the improved AC.

spikemd

Explorer
Great find! Best to keep this one as close to stock as possible and just enjoy driving it. She really cleaned up nice.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Ive been waiting for my steering box rebuild kit. I ordered it over a week ago. I can't believe it takes that long to ship seals from New York to Utah. Really annoying. I don't think I will order from these guys again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles