Bringing Sexy Back. AKA 93' LWB RRC

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I got the "new" injector pump. It out of 3/4 ton GMC military CUCV truck. I pulled the old one out already. Picked up some new intake gaskets and started putting it back together. I may advance the pump a little touch.

25780178d0b01d83c98fb722f49bc296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I got the old girl all back together last night. It took a little work to get the air out of the system. But once it finally fired it ran much quieter than last time.

It was about 30 degrees last night when I tried. So it didn't want to run too bad.

Also ordered a lift kit. So I should be driving this pretty soon.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
My list of things to finish. I am going to work on atleast 3 per day until it's done.

1ddf6c901a103bde8fc4096e7645a6ba.jpg

I also got the back half of the exhaust finished up today.

Sounds really nice. Sounds like a healthy v8 should.

09133fabccd88012ecc7e7424b3a8e5c.jpg

108071c50f576c4b20c9e2e4b61744b4.jpg

1fa6daa533b843b81c73c9453a0f95f7.jpg

270589506c1ebf5d16ff59d6736ec5fb.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I've been cruising around town today in it running errands. I'm using a really long pick to reach down to the transmission to change gears. From park to reverse, neutral and then drive. It kind of sucks.

But its fun as hell to drive. I think I need to turn the fuel and the idle up. But it doesn't smoke much at all. No black clouds of diesel smoke.

It has loads of power off the line, it cruises in 4th gear like butter. My home made driveshafts don't wobble at all. The offset rear axle and center output of the NP242 is working well together. Its pretty smooth.

I put about 3/4 of a tank of diesel in it about 2 weeks ago. It just dropped under 3/4 of a tank. I've probably driven close to 60 miles around town today and since I filled it up. Its getting much better fuel economy than the old 4.2L did.

Overall I'm pretty happy. I still need to tune the injection pump better and wire up some of the timing advance for cold start. Then it'll be perfect. The worst thing that has happened so far is a loose hose clamp on the radiator. It was leaking a little. I hoped out, tightened it back up and things are good.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I'll just leave this here. I'm about 95% done. Just need to tune the injection pump better and adjust the transmission linkage better.

Here are some sound clips. Enjoy.

[video]https://youtu.be/LV2PpT4cJ5Y[/video]

I'll just leave this here. I'm about 95% done. Just need to tune the injection pump better and adjust the transmission linkage better.

Here are some sound clips. Enjoy.

[video]https://youtu.be/LV2PpT4cJ5Y[/video]

Glorious! So stoked to see that beast rolling dirty! Nice work man, I'm envious! Rover on, my friend, Rover on! :smiley_drive:

David Harris

Expedition Leader
The stock 6.2 goes fine cruising on the flats at lower altitudes, but definitely throws out a black smokescreen when pulling grades in the mountains, at least this was our experience with one in the Colorado mountains, even when it was brand new. GM even issued a service bulletin about it. A turbo would cure that, but then the power would be too great for the stock transmission and axles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles