Bringing Sexy Back. AKA 93' LWB RRC

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Well, buying that 6.5 motor for the serpentine set-up was a great investment. I sold the engine block for $350 about a month ago. And Monday I sold the turbo set-up for $200. So my serpentine set-up cost made me $150. LOL :ylsmoke:

After careful measurement, the turbo wouldn't have fit between the engine and shock towers.

But I do have an idea for a blower on top of this thing. I've been doing a little research and I think I can use a GM 3.8L blower, with some adapters ontop of my intake manifold. Benefits are a much more compact design, I don't have to redo the exhaust, and with 6 psi, it'll be perfect for a little more power.:rally_guys:

The 6.5 turbo assembly might fit if you use the original external air suspension shock towers instead of the one's you have in there now. Otherwise, a Gale Banks system might fit as is. The 3.8 blower might suck up as much power as it produces.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
The 6.5 turbo assembly might fit if you use the original external air suspension shock towers instead of the one's you have in there now. Otherwise, a Gale Banks system might fit as is. The 3.8 blower might suck up as much power as it produces.
I'm running dual shocks upfront. I'd hate to loose the ride quality I get from dual shocks. Right now I'm pretty happy with the power it has. I had the timing set on the injection pump. It has feels pretty good.

Bought the Terrafirma steering upgrade. It's pretty nice. I'll install it next week when I have some time.

432c4c42122389c9ade9b07e6d06a3fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

grenade

FYI the boots on the TREs are garbage. They will tear within 6 months. I'd suggest replacing them with some Poly Urathane ones from energy suspension. They don't have the lip that allows you to use the secure rings like stock but they are large enough to cover the TRE base and then up the tapered shaft against the mount. Part number 9.13119G

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Installed my tierods. It went pretty good. I need to get it aligned next. But it wasn't to bad. I used a tape measure to get it close.

I also got all the parts in the mail for my electric power steering conversion.

9984d40a75286fc8dc0990b8f9cc4fa2.jpg

5e1a628abc3b4402981bfddce5d01256.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I've been working on my center console for a few weeks. It's getting there. I need to paint and make another piece to go around the shifters.

2eff7f2033179bbf9655032af21c7263.jpg
12b0f7ffbbd5018065b94bd85581d5ab.jpg
a27d09fa9f0e85301dacc9cb39df76ae.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I used fiberglass, then a layer of bondo for the imperfections and to smooth it out. Its a pretty thin layer of bondo. The whole thing is a lot stronger than the stock piece. It shouldn't break ever again.

MrWesson

Adventurer
I threw a belt on the engine so i could run the water pump and alternator. Its running pretty good. Although its pretty smokey. Im not sure if that's because it sat for about 10 years before I bought it. But it seems to idle and rev pretty good. I got it up to temperature. The electric fan kick on just fine. Alternator seems to be charging. So I only have a few more things to do.

Getting excited. My goal is to be driving it by the end of the month.

Here's a quick video. If anyone has some ideas as to why its smoking, let me know.

Coming from old diesel boat tech(including some 6.2 chevy's).. The colder the diesel the smokier. Best thing you can do is get it up to temp as fast as possible.. I'll leave that up to you because you seem to know your stuff.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
The smoking issue was resolved with a non-egr intake and routing the CDR to the intake better. It rarely blows smoke now except on initial startup when its kind of cold. It usually goes away as soon as the temp gets up to about 150 degrees. It burns pretty clean. I had the injection pump timed by a shop here in Utah. Its still somewhat hard to start when cold, but the guy said, if I had the IP rebuilt, the timing advance in the pump would work a lot better for start up. That's my next move. Right now, I'm just enjoying driving it. Its a lot of fun and gets really good mileage compared to the old 4.2L V8 gasser.

polksfinest

Observer
What are you getting for fuel mileage I am wondering what I should expect I got almost 30 mpg when I had this motor in my jeep but a land rover is much heavier but they share the same aerodynamics (of a moving brick). The center console is looking good are you planing to shorten your shifter's? I solved my turbo fitment problem by building my own manifold. What did you do for fans on your rig mechanical or electric

IMG_1312.jpg
IMG_1337.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
What are you getting for fuel mileage I am wondering what I should expect I got almost 30 mpg when I had this motor in my jeep but a land rover is much heavier but they share the same aerodynamics (of a moving brick). The center console is looking good are you planing to shorten your shifter's? I solved my turbo fitment problem by building my own manifold. What did you do for fans on your rig mechanical or electric

View attachment 431216
View attachment 431217
Cool. I've been thinking about doing twin turbos on it. Lol. One off each manifold. I think two T3s might be cool. Lol.

I'm currently running two Pusher fans on the front of the radiator currently.

I think I'm getting 20-25 mpg out of it when I'm driving it nice. It cruises at 75 with ease. The factory gearing is perfect with the 700r4 and np241 case.

I don't drive it a lot because it's winter and I'm trying to keep the salt off it. It's fairly rust free. I don't want to screw it up

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles